FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,686 of 7,931
  The old FLC cable has no memory wire making it easy to wear down. LMUE might have some in stock. Luckily, the FLC shells are quite small, so with the right cable they're easy to wear either up or down.

So I can get a third party cable and use that if I can't get used to the over-ear design?

Is the connector for the cable to the IEM standard, or does it have to be specific to FLC?

Yes, I'm a newbie to detachable cables.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #2,687 of 7,931

For me it is. It's like a new, improved IEM to my ears.

tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #2,688 of 7,931
  Still amazed by the improvement from the silver cable...

Can either you (or Nick) measure stock cable vs silver cable.  Audible differences should show in the frequency chart.  I'd be keen to see what is actually going on.  Are the cables different impedances?

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #2,689 of 7,931

These are the best iems / headphones I've ever owned. More detail than my sennheiser HD 598 and soundstage width and depth is on par with them.. I'm very impressed and also think they are extremely comfortable..

Putting up my etymotic ER4s for sale and HD 598 I don't care to use anything else...

I use red grey grey heavy sub bass medium everything else and in audio heaven..

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #2,690 of 7,931

Can either you (or Nick) measure stock cable vs silver cable.  Audible differences should show in the frequency chart.  I'd be keen to see what is actually going on.  Are the cables different impedances?

Will let that for Nick. He's been busy lately with new job, but think he can do that for you soon. And yes, I believe the differences should show in the frequency chart. I notice an improvement from top to bottom. Now even the X3 Classic sounds spectacular, let alone the Plenue D, Pioneer XDP-100R that's coming, etc.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,691 of 7,931
I'm about to upload my YouTube Unboxing of the FLC 8S and will have a review up soon.. There are hardly any videos about these iems on YouTube and even google image search they are not getting the recognition they deserve.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,695 of 7,931
Well I ended up buying the cable from effect audio (tf 10 one) cuase was cheaper. Forrest kindly offered me a replacement but I couldn't arrange the shipment with my courier. They look weird but now sound ok :D

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,697 of 7,931
  Pulled the trigger after spending just a an hour or two reading reviews. Should be a good upgrade to KEF M200.

Don't know the KEF, but the FLC should play in another (= higher) league, especially in terms of mids and instrument separation. And of course for the sake of versatility:

ULF-Filters:
(ULF Filter  I  Grey  I  Gold)

LF-Filters:
(Grey  I  LF Filter  I  Gold)

MF-/HF-Filters:
(Grey  I  Grey  I  MF/HF Filter)

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,698 of 7,931
  Well I ended up buying the cable from effect audio (tf 10 one) cuase was cheaper. Forrest kindly offered me a replacement but I couldn't arrange the shipment with my courier. They look weird but now sound ok :D

Actually, I think the silver / blue combo looks really good. Cable matches the eartips too.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #2,700 of 7,931
I do like the apple ecosystem but I do use android as well but for music I love my iPhone and external DAC / AMP. These FLC 8s sound amazing from my 6s+

flc8s is like the aurisonics rockets, not source dependent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back