FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #721 of 7,931
Sounds like I need to try iDSD
wink_face.gif

You should totally give it a shot. 
biggrin.gif

Edit: It's sexy as Four Figs!

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #724 of 7,931

iDSD is a portable DAC/Amp as well, i really love the sheer functionality of it. It has very clean and neutral sound while not becoming boring, a wide compatibility of formats and all the bells and whistles you can think of. 5 gain values, Ifi's well implemented 3D Holographic DSP and Xbass, along with a host of connectivity. Plus it also functions as a powerbank for your phone in a pinch, with its 4800mAh battery.

yes iFi certainly produces amazing things.

but help me out: DSD isn't really that popular yet...so do you see it becoming more so?
there is also mqa touted by meridian as the next best thing and also which might take off...but no one knows.
i mean remember sacd? so much for that technology going anywhere, so i wonder about DSD, too, in a similar vein.

or am i missing something?

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #725 of 7,931
it took a while but here is my review. 

i didnt add any pictures this time, but may add them depending on how they turn out (my camera is in the car atm and am far too lazy to go to the basement to take it out to process, etc). hopefully it is of some use to you guys

http://www.head-fi.org/products/flc-technology-flc-8s/reviews/14811 

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #728 of 7,931
  Actually Unique Melody and others use the same container. Cheap and very effective to keep the contents safe.

Roxanne had this container before FLC8 was released - Unique Melody's is similar - an aluminum disc. UE has just added one as well. They ar great - you could drive a truck over them (don't try this at home!)

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #729 of 7,931
  Actually Unique Melody and others use the same container. Cheap and very effective to keep the contents safe.

Ah OK that makes sense. But for an IEM worth over $1000 you'd think it would come with a Pelican case.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #730 of 7,931
Ah OK that makes sense. But for an IEM worth over $1000 you'd think it would come with a Pelican case.

Some yes, but for JH they use this hockey puck container for both their customs and unis. Funny thing is I got the JH13 before the FLC8, so when my FLC8 came with the similar case, I thought wow, high end case! Big time!

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #734 of 7,931

to be honest, the pelican cases that come with CIEMs are far too big... i have a few just lying around

The little one that came with the Noble Savant was perfect IMO. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #735 of 7,931
I agree the cannister is not portable, solid and pretty as it is. I use the Trinity case, it comfortably fits both the FLC8 and the filter barrel which is handy.

Two other things:
- Isolation is not bad, if youre not using the black (open) bass filter and have a good seal. I was using them in line for Star Wars the other night, and now I'm on a ferry. No problems with music playing.
- I have changed to Red-gray-gold, because guitars man, guitars. Currently Rise Against, but the other day I went Arctic Monkeys - Muses silly but rifftastic new album - Metallica. That was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back