FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #526 of 7,931
I have both the FLC8S and UE900S. At the same price range, I'll happily pick the FLC8S.

I don't like to crap on products, but I have auditioned the UE900 before and thought that they were garbage. I don't understand it's cult following.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #531 of 7,931
BTW, The pure silver cables are almost here and in several varieties! Haven't experienced them myself quite yet, but from what I've seen I think Forrest is going to have a hit on his hands with these. Keep your eyes peeled!

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder Flcforrestwei

Three questions:

1. When?
2. Options?
2. Compatibility with the "next big project"?

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #532 of 7,931
You should be able to easily bend the memory wire. Can you elaborate?

Just stick with the following tuning filters, and you should be good:

SUB: grey or red
BASS: grey or black
MIDS/HIGHS: gunmetal or gold

Play with those a bit until you get it just right.
beerchug.gif

the L bend before the memory wire is horrible

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #533 of 7,931
Triple Fi appeals to V-shape sig lovers as far as I know. Not as balanced as the FLC8/S in default mode.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #534 of 7,931

The bass sound artificial to me.. The Tenore rave was real though. 
rolleyes.gif

I know these are in totally different price ranges, but can you compare FLC8S to Tenore?

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #536 of 7,931
  the L bend before the memory wire is horrible

Which L bend do you mean? The earloop or the 90 degree 3.5mm?

I know these are in totally different price ranges, but can you compare FLC8S to Tenore?

Sure, but might have to wait as I'm pretty busy with work recently. But one thing for sure is that the Tenore sounds flat (which lead to sound boring in a long run), bass isn't as deep as the FLC. 
I will give an update once I get a chance to do comparison extensively. 
wink.gif

@angelo898: What do you dislike about the 90 degree bend at the connectors? It's not that uncommon in the IEM world.

@Whaleshark12: Curious what you'll say about FLC 8S vs Tenore. I have Tenore stashed with old gear. Never really meshed with them. Best thing for me was the small size.

The size on Tenore is pretty good. Given that the price. Don't think you could compare with FLC . 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #537 of 7,931
I'm in a bit of a nostalgic mood so I put on a classic I haven't listened to in years: Dr. Dre - 2001

So I thought it would benefit from something with a V shaped signature and chucked on the DUNU Titan 5 and listened to a few tracks, and it sounded good but not great. So I'm working away and the FLC8 catches my eye and I thought "Let's see how the rap sounds with the reference monster." MUCH BETTER! These FLC8S just don't cease to amaze me. With the RED > GREY > GUNMETAL config, I just can't seem to find anything that sounds bad. I think I found my Head-Fi rock. This IEM is just incredible.

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #539 of 7,931
Been rocking the LZ-A2s for the last few days, they really sound awesome for their price! Considering many dual hybrids are priced so. Something came to me though, if anyone has an A2 and an FLC on hand, how does the A2 compare to the FLC8S' red/grey/gunmetal sound? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back