Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Aug 6, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #106 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a great looking M6.
biggrin.gif

My overdriven MN-16 (two 3.7V AW 18650 Li-ions) with a FiveMega 2x 18650 custom body and a KT-2 head is what satisfies my lumen hunger.

It throws almost as far as my Aspherical Mag (CREE Q5), which is saying a lot.

I agree with you about the selling part, I think of flashlights as converting currency into material form. Whenever I need money, I can have it in my Paypal account within minutes, usually for the same price I bought it for (and in some cases more money for rare items that have gone up in value).

Have you tried WA1185 or WA1111 bi pin bulbs? Using Fivemega's Bi Pin adapters, the WA1185 is fantastic in my other M6 (KT4 Head, M6 Body, and AW McClickie Adapter). While I really like the LED ZEP M6 Megalenium combo it's really heavy and much more expensive than the M6 with WA1185, which is much lighter in weight and more battery options with different battery carriers.

Lithos sells the bi pin Welch Allyen bulbs quite cheap, I'd have to burn through a lot of them to even come close to the price of a multi LED mod like LED Zeppelin's.

-Ed

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #107 of 828
I bought Nitecore EZ 123 because it has 180 lumens in output.
biggrin.gif

The light is activated by twisting its head but I prefer the click switch of the SmartPD Series.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #109 of 828
I just received the Nitecore EZ123, and EZCR2, which completes the EZ series for me. All three lights are nice in their own way. The 123 is definitely the brightest of the three.

The EZAA, obviously uses a commonly available battery and works well with Eneloops, The EZCR2 is the smallest of the bunch. About 2/3 the length of the EZAA and ever so slightly larger in diameter than the EZAA. Without comparing them side by side, one could assume they're the same diameter, but they're not. The walls on the CR2 tube and head are slightly thicker. The EZAA I have is slightly older (by a month) and has a slightly lower low than the EZCR2. All have the standard white led.

I have a Quark123 with the neutral white led, and I love it! The beam color gives better color rendition/resolution than any other led I have. Get 'em while they're hot at 4-7's.

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #110 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a few flashlights now.

Edwood_FlashlightCollection2009--1.jpg

Edwood_FlashlightCollection2009-3-2.jpg

evil_smiley.gif

I've added a few and one is gone from the pics above.

BTW, Ed, I am really impressed with your collection! Wow!

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #111 of 828
New at 4-7's this week:

TK12-4.JPG

seems a little spendy

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #114 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New at 4-7's this week:

/TK12 Pic

seems a little spendy

Doesn't seem too bad here. I picked up a T1 (predecessor to the TK1x-series) about a year and a half ago for ~ $70. It's a well designed, decently finished, very tough piece of equipment, and well worth the price. $8 more for more modes and better ergos ain't bad at all.

Closest Surefire equivalent in toughness is probably the 6P (another favorite here), but a 6P+Malkoff M60 is quite a bit stiffer at ~ $120.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #117 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me want.

How many clam$?

$78 plus shipping and is supposed to be shipping now. It is a very nice looking tactical light.

Saw a Olight T20 on Amazon for $55 shipped is the only reason I thought the TK12 was a little spendy. But it is drop dead gorgeous.

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #118 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what's our present best choice for a 2-123 bat with disorientation light mode?

Howdy!
I have an Olight M30 which is 3 or 4 -123 sized, but uses a MC-E quad emitter and blows at least 500+ lumens out the front. The strobe mode is directly accessible from a button on the side regardless of what you've got the rest of the light set for. Nice UI, and VERRRRRY disorienting. It's worth a look even though it's a little larger than what you were looking for. In practice, it's about the same to carry on your belt as any 2x123 with a turbo head.

Check out the M20 also.

M20
Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 Black 4Sevens.Com

M30
Olight M30 Triton 4Sevens.Com

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #119 of 828
got a T20 Olight in the other day. Compared it last night with a $25 Dorcy that is rated 160 lumens. I have a "target" about 25 yards out in my back yard and there was no difference between the two lights that I could perceive. Inside at about 25 feet, the T20 had a much brighter hot spot.

I think a 700 lumen light is in my future.

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #120 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$78 plus shipping and is supposed to be shipping now. It is a very nice looking tactical light.

47s has free worldwide shipping... So just $78...

Yup, I'm a flashlight nut too.... Some might recognize my nick from CPF. How many lights I have? Not a clue, let's just say I'm enough of a flashlight nut to have named my dog Fenix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back