Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Aug 14, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #753 of 828
Quote:
It is safe to replace two CR123 batteries with a 18650 ?  I want to use that on my Surefire Fury.  

Normally, yes but the Fury doesn't take 18mm cells.

The cell size you would want is a 17670. I recommend the AW brand for runtime, reliability, and longevity.

Those ultrafire/trustfire cells suck, they're made from recycled laptop cells that they just repackage and they lose power when stored a lot faster than I'd like for if shiet ever goes down like a blackout or I gotta really pee at night and I don't wanna wake anybody.

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #755 of 828
if anyone is interested in a american made 1 cell light check this out http://www.hdssystems.com/. this little guy is built like a tank, here is a video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiUwj6l1SCo

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #756 of 828
HDS Systems (AKA RA Lights) does make some amazing lights. They/he (Henry) are one of the first to really push light quality over lumens and that you just need "enough" light, not some blinding amount.

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #757 of 828
I definitely don't "need" one and can't afford one right now, but they look very solid.  I really like the holster, would have to make room somewhere on my duty belt for a second light though :p

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #758 of 828
Quote:
HDS Systems (AKA RA Lights) does make some amazing lights. They/he (Henry) are one of the first to really push light quality over lumens and that you just need "enough" light, not some blinding amount.

Thanks for reminding me they exist.. I don't know if I want to trade my Oveready 800 lumen Surefire 6P based build out for one, but it's clearly one of the superior EDC options out there.

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #760 of 828
I'm finally ordering a Malkoff drop-in for my old 6P, as the old-fashioned light bulb just about makes me sick these days. Why haven't I upgraded sooner? False economy--I'd always find a complete flashlight that I'd rather spend a little more for. Otoh the Malkoff MD2 is definitely calling my name.

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #761 of 828
Quote:
I'm finally ordering a Malkoff drop-in for my old 6P, as the old-fashioned light bulb just about makes me sick these days. Why haven't I upgraded sooner? False economy--I'd always find a complete flashlight that I'd rather spend a little more for. Otoh the Malkoff MD2 is definitely calling my name.

i love malkoff drop ins. check out the malkoff 219 drop in it has the most beautiful tint i have ever seen. the 219 is on the right on the left is a malkoff m61 high cri.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #764 of 828
Just bought a new flashlight for the first time in almost 2 years.

Of course it has to be a pocket rocket.

Unfortunately, it's bored for 18mm cells, as it draws too much current for 16340 (RCR123).  But it does work with a single 17670, albeit at a lower output level.  So it's not completely compatible with my other E-Series lights, my favorite flashlight platform by far.

On burst mode it puts out an insane amount of light.  And gets really hot really fast. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back