Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Jan 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #692 of 828

Quote:
Does anyone happen to know if the Olight SR50 or the SR51 throws farther? I cab't seem to find any comparisons between these two lights.

The SST-50 has a 5mm die which is slightly larger and will not throw as far since the beam isn't tighter... that being said the 51 is an extra 100 lumens so they should more or less look indentical. The XM-L on the 51 is more efficient though than the Luminus SST-50 LED's...

An SST-50 has a lot more headroom and can be driven much harder and be brighter at like 5amps in some cases, but an XM-L is not recommended to be pushed beyond 3amps. The module being driven harder will create more heat obviously, but the solid body design of the Intimidator series combined with whatever else Olight implemented in those things should negate the difference. It's a very good light. That should clear things up!

*silently steps away*

Sorry I had to get nerdy for a sec

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #693 of 828
Not only does Head-fi make me spend inordinate amounts of money on audio gear, but now I want to buy a badass flashlight.. thanks. This broke college student will be beyond broke next semester.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #694 of 828
Yea but when you pull out a 3" flash light from your pocket that is MUCH brighter than a 3-D cell mag light some guy has you can't help but feel good about that 
biggrin.gif
. Well that happend to me last night when a guy wanted to show off his new mag light he got for christmas and I had my tiny Thrunite 1C in my pocket and it owned his. He did beat mine on throw but its not a thrower but my Jetbeam M2S would have trumped him lol. 

A good flashlight is worth having around because you never know when you will need one. If you get a light that uses the CR123 batteries then I know that the Surefire brand batteries do have a good long shelf life and I think Chris Himself said the Titanium Innovations batteries are very good and cheap.

Take a look at:
http://www.aimkon.com/
http://www.lightjunction.com/
http://goinggear.com/

Have fun!

Quote:
Not only does Head-fi make me spend inordinate amounts of money on audio gear, but now I want to buy a badass flashlight.. thanks. This broke college student will be beyond broke next semester.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #695 of 828

Quote:
Yea but when you pull out a 3" flash light from your pocket that is MUCH brighter than a 3-D cell mag light some guy has you can't help but feel good about that 
biggrin.gif
. Well that happend to me last night when a guy wanted to show off his new mag light he got for christmas and I had my tiny Thrunite 1C in my pocket and it owned his.

I just had this happen the other day...someone had an obscenely large mega light they were shining across a dark room.  I pulled out my miniscule Eagtac D25C and it owned it by a factor of 10.  Before long the fellow was taking notes where to get one :) 

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #696 of 828
Surefire 6P round body fitted with Cree Q2 bin XR-E 5A tint
Surefire 6P fitted with K bin MC-E WC tint
2x Surefire C3, one with stock P90, one with P60L
Surefire C2 with P91 (ten minutes of pure incan goodness)
Surefire E2D volt Lumens Factory EO-E2R

All of the above run on rechargeable cells; most can still use primaries in their current configurations.

I also have various cheapies (Fenix, Asp, LED Lenser, etc.)

Jan 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #697 of 828
Fenix LD-10 always in my pocked
Olight M-20 warrior in my jacket or car in summer. 

I usually also have a nitecore headband in my jacket or car so I can use my LD-10 as a headlamp

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #698 of 828
Just bought a Sunwayman V10R XML model from battery junction, awaiting its arrival. I'm hoping to edc it along with my fenix PD20, which has been amazing since I got it for xmas.

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #699 of 828

Quote:
Just bought a Sunwayman V10R XML model from battery junction, awaiting its arrival. I'm hoping to edc it along with my fenix PD20, which has been amazing since I got it for xmas.

You definitely did good, did you look at the Ti model of the RRT as well? I just discovered it existed and now I'm really itching to try one

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #700 of 828
No...do you have a link?

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #702 of 828

Quote:

Haha I've never used a stock Surefire, my love for the brand literally just comes from how tough the battery tube, bezel, and tailcap are on them... I can't go back to 4Sevens anymore.

This is the Thrunite XP-G R5 drop-in in 300 lumen.. almost completely whites out that shelf I'm pointing the light at haha... the XM-L 460 lumen one is great too but the battery consumption at 1.5a is just too much so I went back to XP-G @ 1.0a.

which thrunite are you using?

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #705 of 828
Good bang for buck, the whole combination of stuff was about 15cad, though when I got it initially it had some chinese emitter, plastic reflector, and plastic lens, the machining was sloppy, and I had to file some of the edges down a bit. There was also only one o-ring between the body and head, and that was too small, replaced that, and threw one between the lens and head, thing gets noticably warm but havent noticed any extreme tint changes.

But yeah, for a cheap dirty single mode EDC thrower at ~150 lumens its not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back