FlaresPro/FlaresGold by Flare Audio
Jun 18, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,321 of 1,354
Yes, i love the Shuoer EJ07. I think it is my endgame iem. The bass is perfect for my taste. Totally clean, very deep and hits like train. The mids are absolute realistic and lifelike with the right tips and the highs are smooth as butter. Very wide and deep stage and three dimensional holographic imaging. You can literally "see" every instrument, when your eyes close. Maybe i will buy the Shuoer Conductor, if they are a upgrade.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #1,322 of 1,354
Btw, have you found any else earphone suits you? How about Drop + JVC HA-FDX1?
I've had Pro 2HD, sold them, bought Flares Gold. Then I sold them and bought FDX1. Now I'm selling FDX1 to get Flares Gold back again. Take from it what you want...
Flares have too much bass ootb, I agree. But there's a simple mod to reduce it - simply seal the rear vents with a tape.

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #1,323 of 1,354
I've had Pro 2HD, sold them, bought Flares Gold. Then I sold them and bought FDX1. Now I'm selling FDX1 to get Flares Gold back again. Take from it what you want...
Flares have too much bass ootb, I agree. But there's a simple mod to reduce it - simply seal the rear vents with a tape.
But now, we have to buy 2nd-hand Gold or 2HD which is not in warranty and might be get troubles, like my situation.
I sent my earphone to a headphone store to fix it for me, maybe it is just a soldering. But i have to face many issues (imbalance, voice coil break, v.v..)

Jan 23, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #1,325 of 1,354
I just posted a pair of Pro 2 HD. I know they're getting rare and thought someone might be hunting for a pair or replacement.

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,327 of 1,354
Guys, I just found my long time lost R2Pro in the drawer. 😂 They are in great shape, but I actually put them in drawer long time ago because right channel went out. I remember Flare used to offer service to change the cable (and the driver which was attached to the cable). Is there anything I can do with it? I mean, it was quite expensive IEM, and since it is in great shape, like 9/10, I feel stupid to just put it back in the drawer. Does Flare offer repair? I dont know if I can sell them with one driver dead, and if the repair isn't too expensive, I would send them and keep them maybe. They were my first serious IEM.

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #1,334 of 1,354
Got answer from Flare. They dont repair R2A/S/Pro series any more. It is shocking that they released a 400 GBP IEMs that were built so terribly, and cannot repair it because they dont have spare parts no more. And for the end (drums rolling)... they offered me 20 percent discount on Jet IEMS, that cost 50 euros full price. LOL LOL

Will be buying new product from Flare only if they release Intergalactic teleport machine, built on foundations of a solution of quantum mechanics that was discovered by one of their employees, so they hold the patent for the whole thing.

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #1,335 of 1,354
Got answer from Flare. They dont repair R2A/S/Pro series any more. It is shocking that they released a 400 GBP IEMs that were built so terribly, and cannot repair it because they dont have spare parts no more. And for the end (drums rolling)... they offered me 20 percent discount on Jet IEMS, that cost 50 euros full price. LOL LOL

Will be buying new product from Flare only if they release Intergalactic teleport machine, built on foundations of a solution of quantum mechanics that was discovered by one of their employees, so they hold the patent for the whole thing.
20% off of 50 euro iem? lmao

best bet imo would be to sell it for parts, or attempt DIY repair (maybe that back end can be unscrewed?), and solder some new wire. if u are lucky, it might just be a cable issue, and hopefully not a blown driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back