Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Dec 28, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,094 of 3,098
There are really cheap secondhand on ebay! Although I've never checked US ebay... Some in the UK for £50 Buy it Now.

Mine are on long-term loan and my R2Pros broke a few months ago (the cable/plug issue that others else had but I avoided for a few years) .

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,096 of 3,098
The right side of my R2Pros since the Kickstarter died a couple months back. Has anyone any success having these recabled? Additionally, my R2A of the same died within the first year (plug issue) but I’ve never gotten to having these replaced or recabled since it would seem the hassle and cost relative to its retail price.

I've replaced them temporarily with a FAD E3000 and just yesterday with the Sony IER-M7. Still, I hope to have the R2Pro repaired since it did retire me for a good 4(?) years.

Dec 31, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #3,097 of 3,098
My R2S had a dodgy connection, which I suspected to be plug related. So I contacted support and got them repaired for free. I think I just had to cover postage to get them there.

They've been fine since, and I've been using a JackSavior adapter to take the strain off the plug and save me from constantly plugging/unplugging, all of which must contribute to the plug failure issues

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #3,098 of 3,098
My R2S had a dodgy connection, which I suspected to be plug related. So I contacted support and got them repaired for free. I think I just had to cover postage to get them there.

They've been fine since, and I've been using a JackSavior adapter to take the strain off the plug and save me from constantly plugging/unplugging, all of which must contribute to the plug failure issues

My problem is that I live in the Philippines and shipping the UK and back can get very pricy very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back