Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #2,883 of 3,098
Great, so Trinity and Flare are launching new models said to be incredible inmediately. I was tinhking about going for the master 4 or 6 before their prices rise, now i don't know what to do... hope Flare gives us some information soon or i'll finish pulling the trigger before everything is too expensive for my poor economy...

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,891 of 3,098
you probably need to sell it and buy rockets

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,892 of 3,098
I am so pissed off about not being able to buy the replacement cable driver set! Amazon UK are the only store selling it and they don't ship to Australia. Scoured the internet for another store, found two, both directing me to, you guessed it, Amazon UK! On top of that, can't find a techo to solder my existing drivers to the new IE80 cable I bought. Not happy.

Sent an e-mail to Flare earlier, let's see if they can help.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #2,893 of 3,098
I am so pissed off about not being able to buy the replacement cable driver set! Amazon UK are the only store selling it and they don't ship to Australia. Scoured the internet for another store, found two, both directing me to, you guessed it, Amazon UK! On top of that, can't find a techo to solder my existing drivers to the new IE80 cable I bought. No happy.

You should be able to get it from Flares directly. Can try to contact them via Facebook as well as they respond quite promptly base on my past experience.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #2,894 of 3,098
  I am so pissed off about not being able to buy the replacement cable driver set! Amazon UK are the only store selling it and they don't ship to Australia. Scoured the internet for another store, found two, both directing me to, you guessed it, Amazon UK! On top of that, can't find a techo to solder my existing drivers to the new IE80 cable I bought. Not happy.

I've seen them for sale on ebay too - can't remember the price though, if it's the same.

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #2,895 of 3,098
I need something rugged for daily commute. Pros are too nonpractical.

How do you commute to work??  If it's by train, public transport etc then what happens on that commute to cause any harm to any iem? I'm imagining that you must have to crawl through mud and stuff, cut paths through dense forest and stuff....

I use them on journeys to work regularly (am freelance so not every day ). I uncoil them from their zip case (any will do), put them in, enjoy them... at the end of the commute I coil them back up and back they go into the case..  I've had absolutely NO issues with anything going wrong with them at all in over a year and still no signs of wear.

For the last few months, I've misplaced my Flare zip case and have just been coiling them up and putting them in a small pocket on their own in my bag, or even wrapping them around my ipod (unplugged, obviously..).  Still no issue whatsoever with the cables!

Do you have personal experience of how practical or non-practical the Flares are? Or are you going on a handful of people's complaints on here, people who have likely just been screwing them up in their hand, throwing them in a gym big bag or pocket and then janking on the ends to pull them and untangle them from their trainers, keys or whatever junk is in their bags or pockets? I've seen how many many people treat their earbuds, even if they've bought Scull Candies or Beats (i.e. have actually gone out and bought a brand rather than using free ones) - I guess many wont treat their Flare R2s any different from that either!

If you coil any iem up in a zip case after use then even the most delicate of iem (which the Flares are not IMO) will last a long time on any non-adventurous commute.

And then, Flare Audio sell replacement driver/cable sets for even when you are unable to look after them! I can't think of many that you can repair so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back