Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Mar 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #2,656 of 3,098
I like these a lot too.  Have been using them more than my SE846 lately.  While the 846 has better technical ability, I still find the uber smooth sound of the R2Pro to be sublime.  Such great timbre/impact on the bass!  Something very very enjoyable about it over the typical BA-driver bass.

Definitely a great complement for when I want something a bit different on the go though sad to see them go since I will be sending them away to have the cable modded.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,658 of 3,098
Mar 23, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #2,660 of 3,098
Here's a crazy idea: why don't I purchase a drives&cable replacement kit from Flare and send that to a cabler to work on, instead of sending my headphones? I could then replace the OEM kit myself. Would love recabling with Mogami wire, terminated with a 2.5mm TTRS plug.
Anyone knows an artisan crazy enough to take this on? :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,662 of 3,098
Another option is to buy a ready made cable and get someone to solder locally using my existing drivers. It shouldn't be too hard for a professional using the right soldering gear. Any suggestions for ready made balanced cable? Should I ask PETEREK maybe?

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,663 of 3,098
  Here's a crazy idea: why don't I purchase a drives&cable replacement kit from Flare and send that to a cabler to work on, instead of sending my headphones? I could then replace the OEM kit myself. Would love recabling with Mogami wire, terminated with a 2.5mm TTRS plug.
Anyone knows an artisan crazy enough to take this on? :)

I actually did just that (sending replacement drivers instead of the ones in the phones), though I had to receive them myself at first of course to spare the builder from custom expense.

Learned the hard way when I was without the flare for months, splurged on a lot of headphones only to find out they were underwhelming when I got the flare back lol.

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #2,664 of 3,098
My Pros have turned into CIEMs with these new acrylic custom tips. Sound is superb and comfort, let's just say I have them on for hours. Isolation is fantastic, so I can barely hear the noisy bus with music off during my commute. I also noticed that my volume is hovering about 110 now, much lower than I used to with Comply tips. These are my best headphones now, easily beating PM3 and TH-X00s for musicality and effortless listening sessions.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2,665 of 3,098
broke r2a dynamic see whats inside
https://youtu.be/jBKRWEETATI

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #2,666 of 3,098
so here is my collection of diy flare audio r2as, one with trinity delta tips is light on bass on right earphone, one busted, and one made today and finally plenty of bass. sound quite nice with nice bass. there seem to be inconsistencies in bass among them flare audio r2a earphones. i dont know if metal makes any difference it sounds good. i guess best 50 euro iems. if anyone wants one with light bass earphones i can post them to you without tips. will let them for duno ask in message. have nice easter

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,667 of 3,098
^Another option is MH1, the shells fit R2's drivers perfectly and they're cheap. In fact a local modder has done so with great success, or so the community said, since I haven't heard it myself.

Anyway, these hobby killer phones claim another victim once again lol. Can't believe that these things out-(sound)stage Shozy Cygnus oh so effortlessly, not to mention the timbre is simply in a whole another class. Bought the earbuds out of curiosity to see how the current batch of earbuds craze hold up and for playing with PSVita but I think I'll just buy a portable amp and use R2 with it instead for things that can't be Mojo'ed.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #2,668 of 3,098
  ^Another option is MH1, the shells fit R2's drivers perfectly and they're cheap. In fact a local modder has done so with great success, or so the community said, since I haven't heard it myself.

Anyway, these hobby killer phones claim another victim once again lol. Can't believe that these things out-(sound)stage Shozy Cygnus oh so effortlessly, not to mention the timbre is simply in a whole another class. Bought the earbuds out of curiosity to see how the current batch of earbuds craze hold up and for playing with PSVita but I think I'll just buy a portable amp and use R2 with it instead for things that can't be Mojo'ed.

What are you suggesting with respect to the MH1s?

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,670 of 3,098
  Putting the R2 drivers into the MH1's shells. I dunno how it'll sound but people here have done it, and it got pretty good feedback from the local community.

Hmmm... It seems to me that part of Flare's secret sauce is that the cans are sealed. Do you think that this is the case? If so, are the MH1s sealable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back