Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jul 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #1,366 of 3,098
I'm pretty sure you feel they're much better than the KZs now. Hahaha

Oh sure.... NOW.

VERY tip-dependent 'phones.

Don't laugh, I still like KZ's for the $$$$.

deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
TWIN

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #1,367 of 3,098
For those that are still waiting for their R2's...

Naomi mailed me to say that all the shipments still haven't gone out, and it is likely that some will not ship until possibly next week.

I am very disappointed that Flare have gone radio silent on this, leaving their last update on July 8th saying everything would be shipped by the 10th.

Busy though they may be, it would have been a courtesy to those investors still waiting to have said something about further delays this past week.

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,369 of 3,098
After spending an hour with these, im really not sure.  Tried both the comply and silicone tips and not much difference too me some tracks sounded amazing others not so much.  Not lacking in bass but I was using an amp with bass boost button on, although they seem to need some power  was on 6 and my Soundmagic HP150  I listen to on 9.  Details is there as are the highs.  They are not as good as my HP150s and I think that's what im going to be thinking all the time. 

I think I may sell if anyone in the UK is interested.  Don't thin k they are for me

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,371 of 3,098
Jul 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #1,372 of 3,098
Some things I've found with tips selection for R2s
- They don't need to be deeply inserted, in fact I think the soundstage suffers with deep insertion and the sound becomes very in your face (tried with the half comply mod from the R2PRO appreciation thread)
- Instead, the tips needs to completely close your outer ear canals (doesn't matter if it's silicone or foam), this is absolutely necessary from what I've gathered and #1 point that would make or break the sound. Probably have to do with pressure balanced design.

CMIIW but, due to this I need to use tips that are one size bigger than what I normally use (M to L) to get good sound, however, the best tips I've found so far is Spinfit Medium with comply foam mod to hold the outer flanges in place so it blocks my outer ear canals. I don't have Spinfit L to see if it's even better unfortunately.

As always, your mileage may vary...

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,373 of 3,098
Some things I've found with tips selection for R2s
- They don't need to be deeply inserted, in fact I think the soundstage suffers with deep insertion and the sound becomes very in your face (tried with the half comply mod from the R2PRO appreciation thread)
- Instead, the tips needs to completely close your outer ear canals (doesn't matter if it's silicone or foam), this is absolutely necessary from what I've gathered and #1 point that would make or break the sound. Probably have to do with pressure balanced design.

CMIIW but, due to this I need to use tips that are one size bigger than what I normally use (M to L) to get good sound, however, the best tips I've found so far is Spinfit Medium with comply foam mod to hold the outer flanges in place so it blocks my outer ear canals. I don't have Spinfit L to see if it's even better unfortunately.

As always, your mileage may vary...

Interesting, my experience is a polar opposite, I too have been trying a range of tips and I find a small silicone with deeper than normal insertion gives the biggest soundstage, much more distance away from ones head between the various instruments, so more 3d like. With larges tips, or double flanges the brightness increases and the treble can sound a bit metallic and harsh. It took ages to find a setup that replicated the complys sound, but improved upon the treble clarity, especially after fitting the re400 filters. Amazing sound for the size R2A.

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,374 of 3,098
I hope the flare team do pay some attention to this thread. I too am still waiting and its getting tiresome hearing about delays 3rd hand.
It is a painful contrast to their competitors over at trinity audio who had their kickstarter project running pretty much at the same time. Delays may be inevitable but their main man is constantly on the thread showing good humour and promoting the qualities of his products.
If naomi in PR could possibly do a little more for the poor frustrated wannnba owners out here , it would make the world a better place for the unluckiest backers so far. Maybe even an extra gift pack for the poor sod who gets their reward last of all. Just a thought (before the angry mob reach for their pitchforks!) :persevere:

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #1,376 of 3,098
I hope the flare team do pay some attention to this thread. I too am still waiting and its getting tiresome hearing about delays 3rd hand.
It is a painful contrast to their competitors over at trinity audio who had their kickstarter project running pretty much at the same time. Delays may be inevitable but their main man is constantly on the thread showing good humour and promoting the qualities of his products.
If naomi in PR could possibly do a little more for the poor frustrated wannnba owners out here , it would make the world a better place for the unluckiest backers so far. Maybe even an extra gift pack for the poor sod who gets their reward last of all. Just a thought (before the angry mob reach for their pitchforks!) :persevere:

Though I have my R2As I did get a message today from Flare's Kickstarter explaining that production was slowed down by a manufacturing problem that has since been repaired.  I think those who haven't gotten their earphones yet have to 'hurry up and wait'.  Also, please note I joined the Kickstarter for Trinity before I did Flare and I haven't gotten those yet.  What am I doing about it?  Waiting.

Remember a Kickstarter isn't to fund a product that already exists in quantity in a warehouse.  After they get the money they have to build it, package it and send it.  The process can sometimes be complicated and things can and will go wrong.

If a company is doing their best to fulfill their obligations then all that's called for is patience.

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #1,377 of 3,098

Though I have my R2As I did get a message today from Flare's Kickstarter explaining that production was slowed down by a manufacturing problem that has since been repaired.  I think those who haven't gotten their earphones yet have to 'hurry up and wait'.  Also, please note I joined the Kickstarter for Trinity before I did Flare and I haven't gotten those yet.  What am I doing about it?  Waiting.

Remember a Kickstarter isn't to fund a product that already exists in quantity in a warehouse.  After they get the money they have to build it, package it and send it.  The process can sometimes be complicated and things can and will go wrong.

If a company is doing their best to fulfill their obligations then all that's called for is patience.

All things considered Naimo and Co have been super responsive and really cool despite getting a lot of flak about it. Sometimes unforseeable things pop up. Such is life, but I understand thats little consolation for those left waiting. All I can say is that the wait is worth it :)

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,378 of 3,098
smily_headphones1.gif
The difference between Flare and Trinity is that Flare is an all ready established Company with large manufacturing capabilities. Bob's (Trinity) is a start from Scratch new company.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #1,379 of 3,098

smily_headphones1.gif
The difference between Flare and Trinity is that Flare is an all ready established Company with large manufacturing capabilities. Bob's (Trinity) is a start from Scratch new company.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

To be fair Trinity is an offshot of Rock Jaw right? :p Just saying :wink:  Bob was part of it till he decided to do a side thing. Anyway, regardless, it sucks to wait no two ways about it. Thank god they are not like LH Labs atleast :p

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,380 of 3,098

To be fair Trinity is an offshot of Rock Jaw right? :p Just saying :wink:  Bob was part of it till he decided to do a side thing. Anyway, regardless, it sucks to wait no two ways about it. Thank god they are not like LH Labs atleast :p

smily_headphones1.gif
Yes, Bob was with Rock -Jaw, and maybe still is.  AFAIK though this is a new and separate Co. Maybe Bob could step in and answer this on the Trinity thread. I'm not entirely sure.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back