Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jun 1, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #316 of 3,098
Oh OK. Those will come with time,I'm sure. For now, the word of mouth we have is overwhelmingly positive I reckon. And although I am always wary of 'celebrity endorsements' (see the laughable Pono videos for a prime example), I do like those that Flare have used so far - seems to back up the comments from the normal people who have tried them.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #317 of 3,098
Oh OK. Those will come with time,I'm sure. For now, the word of mouth we have is overwhelmingly positive I reckon. And although I am always wary of 'celebrity endorsements' (see the laughable Pono videos for a prime example), I do like those that Flare have used so far - seems to back up the comments from the normal people who have tried them.

Thats what sold me on the R2a, the word of mouth and impressions in this thread :) can't wait to see how they stack up

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #319 of 3,098
Thanks for sharing! Haven't read this one

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #321 of 3,098
I occurred to me that when Flare states that the driver and the cable units are user-replaceable, that it might be possible to move up the food chain this way from R2A to S and Pro - so I asked the question and got this confirmation from Davies on the KS site.

You can upgrade and/or replace every part of R2, thus if you wanted to upgrade to a higher model later on you will be able to purchase parts as/when required.

So that's pretty unique I think? And definitely a plus point - I mean, I've pledged for the R2A but it means that when and if funds allow and should I want to, I could presumably upgrade to the S and Pro models for less cost than buying the whole IEMs. 

Be interesting to see how the pricing scale works for the parts, of course.

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #323 of 3,098
  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the driver the same in all models? I thought it's just the metal of the housing that's different in the models, and all other parts are the same.

Yes, thats correct from my understanding. Which is why I asked the question - if you could simply put the cable and driver from a R2A into the titanium shell of the Pro, you'd presumably have all the sonic benefits of the Pro.

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #324 of 3,098
I occurred to me that when Flare states that the driver and the cable units are user-replaceable, that it might be possible to move up the food chain this way from R2A to S and Pro - so I asked the question and got this confirmation from Davies on the KS site.

You can upgrade and/or replace every part of R2, thus if you wanted to upgrade to a higher model later on you will be able to purchase parts as/when required.

So that's pretty unique I think? And definitely a plus point - I mean, I've pledged for the R2A but it means that when and if funds allow and should I want to, I could presumably upgrade to the S and Pro models for less cost than buying the whole IEMs. 

Be interesting to see how the pricing scale works for the parts, of course.

Davies even confirmed that it is suitable for custom moulds

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #325 of 3,098
Truth be told, aside from the headfonics review, not one person has give a detailed impression of how it actually sounds. Not one. Isn't that kind of telling? Makes me a bit worried :/

Its frustrating when they talk about everything but the sound. 

Well we even have one person in this thread, PhilW, who said he has the r2s but has ignored requests for impressions. So yeh, I'm worried too -_-

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #326 of 3,098
Well we even have one person in this thread, PhilW, who said he has the r2s but has ignored requests for impressions. So yeh, I'm worried too -_-

:) Me Me Me. Sorry not ignoring! I need to go back to S with the smaller sized Comply as I have been using this on the Pro and enjoying them too much. Give me a few hours and ill go between the 2 with specific tracks.

Regards

Phil

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #327 of 3,098
 :) Me Me Me. Sorry not ignoring! I need to go back to S with the smaller sized Comply as I have been using this on the Pro and enjoying them too much. Give me a few hours and ill go between the 2 with specific tracks.

Regards

Phil

Didn't want to sound rude. It's your time. You just didn't reply to me and one other guy at all so I was a little confused as to why that is :wink:

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #328 of 3,098
Think I'm going to overcome the temptation and pass on these.  Still in the honeymoon phase with the Titan 1s.  (will probably kick myself later)

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #329 of 3,098
OMG that was easy...actually easier than i thought! Okay R2S to R2Pro is blackness around the instruments! With the R2S there is more noise and not complete blackness. With the R2Pro instruments just start and stop dead...In my opinion making it an easier listen. However......I still rate the R2S very highly just not as highly as the R2Pro :D Bass is cleaner with the R2Pro and offers exceptional levels of clarity.

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #330 of 3,098
  OMG that was easy...actually easier than i thought! Okay R2S to R2Pro is blackness around the instruments! With the R2S there is more noise and not complete blackness. With the R2Pro instruments just start and stop dead...In my opinion making it an easier listen. However......I still rate the R2S very highly just not as highly as the R2Pro :D Bass is cleaner with the R2Pro and offers exceptional levels of clarity.

Do you have the R2A as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back