Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
May 31, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #305 of 3,098
Yes it can but they will require a little more juice than most standered earphones. Put it this way I never usually go over half volume when using my iPhone however, with the R2 I'm pumming it up about 4 clicks more!

When I was at Flare Audio listening I just assumed these had 32 ohm impedance like the IEMs/pods supplied with better Samsung products and Apple i-Devices. This was because the practical experience, in terms of levels, was not obviously different to using my Samsung headset or my Piston 3 (also 32 ohm). In fact the Flare Audio R2s are 16 ohm impedance and I assume standard measurements might show sensitivity to be lower than is typical for very low impedance IEMs.

In practice I ended up using the R2s at full volume on my Galaxy Note II with really good recordings with good dynamic range with lots of quieter passages (orchestral, chamber, vocal etc) but reducing the volume considerably when switching to contemporary or electronic music. This is exactly what I do with my Samsung headset which offers a lot less isolation than the Flares, and also matches how I use my Sennheiser Momentums (v1 circumaural) with the Note. If I use highly sensitive low impedance IEMs with the Note II I will never approach max volume with any source material, but so far all my best IEMs and headphones have not been THE LOUDEST ONES! I think it's safe to say that the R2s are not as sensitive as a typical low impedance IEM but they have such good isolation that it's a non-issue, and in any case they are well within the normal range found in good quality earphones/headphones.

May 31, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #306 of 3,098
HOLY ...... If anyone has a pair of these (R2Pro) I strongly suggest you grab Dark Knight Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and listen to the whole of Why So Serious.....I have never had bass like that hit my ears.

May 31, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #308 of 3,098
Just figured I'd leave this here, as it does seem to imply that the R2S could be the best bang-for-buck of the three:

I'm still sticking with the R2A's, as I like my enhanced bass, thank you very much!
tongue.gif

May 31, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #310 of 3,098
  Just figured I'd leave this here, as it does seem to imply that the R2S could be the best bang-for-buck of the three:

I'm still sticking with the R2A's, as I like my enhanced bass, thank you very much!
tongue.gif

No offense but this guys review was absolutely unhelpful. Basically he just repeated what we know - the R2S is in  between the R2a and R2Pro in price and SQ.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #313 of 3,098

Indeed. As desperate as people seem to be for R2S info, I figured I'd post it anyway.

Truth be told, aside from the headfonics review, not one person has give a detailed impression of how it actually sounds. Not one. Isn't that kind of telling? Makes me a bit worried :/

Its frustrating when they talk about everything but the sound. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #314 of 3,098
Truth be told, aside from the headfonics review, not one person has give a detailed impression of how it actually sounds. Not one. Isn't that kind of telling? Makes me a bit worried :/

Its frustrating when they talk about everything but the sound. 

I have read quite a few comments about how they sound, here included. Or did I dream them? Quite possible knowing me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back