Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
May 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #226 of 3,098
  Yesterday I promised to post some pics of the Comply and Crystal tips. Meanwhile however Davies has clearly stated that Flare Audio will provide Comply only therefore posting without comment here. 

FWIW:
From left to right: Comply Cylindrical T400 (M) - Crystal Cylindrical 400 (M) - Comply Spherical 400 (M)

The Flares use the TX-200 though - arent the T400 different?

May 29, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #227 of 3,098

I wonder if 3 models is too much and they might drop the S at some point?  Ta A would seem to be the sweet spot for portable users, whereas the Pro is clearly marketed at the more wedged-up audiophile / music industry sector.

We won't really know since no one has reviewed R2S yet. It could be the sweet spot for all we know.

That tips look virtually identical to comply (if the comply was new ofc). o_O

May 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #235 of 3,098
Created the product listing and added Flare Audio to the list of Manufacturers so my review is finally up! Wow it's been a mad few days I think I'm gonna crash any questions let me know hope the review helps. These are some awesome earphones!

Link is below:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/flare-audio-r2pro-earphones/reviews/13250

*Edit forgot to mention in the review how well these scale up with better gear. Will add when I've had some sleep lol.

May 29, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #236 of 3,098
  Created the product listing and added Flare Audio to the list of Manufacturers so my review is finally up! Wow it's been a mad few days I think I'm gonna crash any questions let me know hope the review helps. These are some awesome earphones!

Link is below:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/flare-audio-r2pro-earphones/reviews/13250

*Edit forgot to mention in the review how well these scale up with better gear. Will add when I've had some sleep lol.

Great job on reviewing R2PRO. I initially backed R2A but now up my backing to the R2PRO + R2A combo.

May 29, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #237 of 3,098
Whereas I'm thinking, what if I can't go to the R2As after using the Pros, so would rather have the 2s and Pro...

Then have to slap myself cos only need one goddam iem in reality and getting the combo only because it was only £50 extra for a pair to use where they might get lost.

I'm certainly not wedged up but going for the Pro seems to be a necessity to achieve what I strive for in audio, rather than keep endlessly wanting. Can sometimes be false economy holding back.. just might have to delay some payments, annoy people if my work invoices dont get paid in time...

May 29, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #239 of 3,098
Yep, looks like they added a new reward when the first 50 of the R2A/Pro package looked like they were going. So now another 100 packages priced at £260.

Funny how they keep adding new rewards or upping the limits - good I guess in some ways but works against any plan they had to get people to decide to pledge more quickly before the cheaper ones get snapped up.

May 29, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #240 of 3,098
I wonder if it will be easy for me to sell the R2A if its not to my liking? I hope there is demand for it still by then! I am still not 100 percent behind the backing but I am not changing it at the moment. I hate using comply foams and I haven't read too many impressions of people using it with silicone only and reporting on how it sounds :frowning2:  Thats my one and only worry, that I would somehow need comply to get the best sound and I don't feel like paying comply every so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back