Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
May 28, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #151 of 3,098
 Yes indeed they are exceptionally engaging with all types of music.....even Sinatra. Lol

O M G !!!!     (*falls off chair..*)

You'll find me singing My Way before the end of next month (although I do genuinely like the original "Comme D'habitude" where the tune came from.. the lyrics are great if you understand French)

May 28, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #153 of 3,098
Regarding the Comply tips:

It seems that is it Comply being the problem with the tip situation! I can understand this I guess - they don't want people giving their tips away with product and treading all over their official dealers and distributers, and the percieved benefit (in the eyes of Comply) in boasting the use of their product to sell another.

Here's a quote from the Kickstarter comment page from Davies the designer:

We have a license agreement that restricts us from including more tips in the standard versions. We are only able to include three sets of Comply tips with pro packages. I hope this explains as we would love to be able to do this but can't on this occasion.

Seems like having "pro" in the name effects Comply's licensing agreement with Flare Audio. Again, commercial reality comes up to bite the consumer - brands protecting themselves and the use of their name. Ho hum.

I wonder if they could team up with anyone to provide more tips from an authorised supplier at extra cost, for those who otherwise don't have a local supplier in their country.

May 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #154 of 3,098

It seems that is it Comply being the problem with the tip situation! I can understand this I guess - they don't want people giving their tips away with product and treading all over their official dealers and distributers, and the percieved benefit (in the eyes of Comply) in boasting the use of their product to sell another.

Seems like having "pro" in the name effects Comply's licensing agreement with Flare Audio. Again, commercial reality comes up to bite the consumer - brands protecting themselves and the use of their name. Ho hum.

I wonder if they could team up with anyone to provide more tips from an authorised supplier at extra cost, for those who otherwise don't have a local supplier in their country.

Tips are not deal breakers though - surely we all have sacks full of the things we can try out?

May 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #155 of 3,098
I personally don't (because I've had no reason to in the past) but looking at Comply's website, they have a massive range for different situations that I probably will have in the future! Some with a special "sweat guard" for instance.

I just wanted to post that comment from the designer here though for those that were seeing it as an issue (which is not me personally).

May 28, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #156 of 3,098
  I personally don't (because I've had no reason to in the past) but looking at Comply's website, they have a massive range for different situations that I probably will have in the future! Some with a special "sweat guard" for instance.

I just wanted to post that comment from the designer here though for those that were seeing it as an issue (which is not me personally).

According to the Kickstarter page, they ship with the medium TX-200 Isolation Plus tips.  So those have the sweat guard I think? 

May 28, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #157 of 3,098
Oh ok, that's good - not looked at Complys until just now.

Actually, there's a difference. TX-200 has a wax guard. The Sx series has the sweat guard to keep out moisture.

And here we are talking about wax and sweat... not what I thought I'd be doing today.
redface.gif

May 28, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #158 of 3,098
  Oh ok, that's good - not looked at Complys until just now.

Actually, there's a difference. TX-200 has a wax guard. The Sx series has the sweat guard to keep out moisture.

And here we are talking about wax and sweat... not what I thought I'd be doing today.
redface.gif

How much sweat and wax does the average head-fier produce?  I demand graphs and research papers!

Perhaps that's what 'liquid mids' and 'solid bass' really means....

May 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #159 of 3,098

Interesting but the answer makes very little sense.  Flare can include more tips with the Pro version but not the A version?  That's completely arbitrary.  Also, you'd think Comply would be interested in selling as much of it's product as possible;  any other mindset is shooting itself in the foot.

May 28, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #160 of 3,098
Hey guys, planning on buying the R2A Blacks double with a friend once I get paid on Friday. However, I already have a pair of RHA T10i's, I've also used the Dunu DN1K's extensively before selling them for the RHA's.

My two questions :-

1) Will these be an upgrade clarity wise over my RHA's?

2) Will these fit RHA tips (seriously, those grey hybrid tips are the best I've ever felt - and heard - that are non-comply/foam), I know these will come with Comply's this is just more for when the Comply's wear away too much, as replacement is quite expensive.

Just also wanted to say, these look very impressive, it will be the first Kickstarter I back, only have to wait 2 months tops,and that Headphonics review makes it seem that these will be a definite upgrade, for half the price.

May 28, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #161 of 3,098

Interesting but the answer makes very little sense.  Flare can include more tips with the Pro version but not the A version?  That's completely arbitrary.  Also, you'd think Comply would be interested in selling as much of it's product as possible;  any other mindset is shooting itself in the foot.

Yes Comply will love to sell as many as possible..... but only through the people they've granted controlling licenses to !

Flare Audio haven't even started to make their in-ears yet so I can't imagine Comply will grant them a licence to re-sell their product until they do and guarantee certain volumes to satisfy their licencing their official re-seller terms.

That's a guess but that is how some brands are, the reality.

If you read the comments on some of Comply's tips, they complain that they don't last as long as they used to but they've no option because there's no competition. That position of perceived monopoly by a brand like Comply is VERY valuable and is achieved by very careful and strict re-seller licencing.

Sometime's it's true that for a product aimed at a niche professional market (where re-seller licences will be different) licencing terms will be different than for a larger consumer market (where the consumer is milked for all they can get). Sad but true. And the differences can be down to the name of the product and pricing too.

May 28, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #162 of 3,098

Yes Comply will love to sell as many as possible..... but only through the people they've granted controlling licenses to !

Flare Audio haven't even started to make their in-ears yet so I can't imagine Comply will grant them a licence to re-sell their product until they do and guarantee certain volumes to satisfy their licencing their official re-seller terms.

That's a guess but that is how some brands are, the reality.

If you read the comments on some of Comply's tips, they complain that they don't last as long as they used to but they've no option because there's no competition. That position of perceived monopoly by a brand like Comply is VERY valuable and is achieved by very careful and strict re-seller licencing.

Sometime's it's true that for a product aimed at a niche professional market (where re-seller licences will be different) licencing terms will be different than for a larger consumer market (where the consumer is milked for all they can get). Sad but true. And the differences can be down to the name of the product and pricing too.

Comply does appear to be an immoral company with thousands upon thousands of percent markup on their products.  This is especially egregious considering how short lived the tips are.  I'm hoping the Flares can fit the Shure foam alternative.  They're a better deal financially speaking and last considerably longer than the Comply equivalent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back