Flagships Dynamics gogogo!
Feb 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

eightbitpotion

500+ Head-Fier
It's simple, and we've all seen these before. You get to pick one and price is no subject- which one?

edit: I know the orthos aren't dynamics, but how could I leave out these ever so lovable pieces of ear-candy!? Also I accidently typed the ed8s instead of ed10s...

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 13
The K-701/2 isn't a flagship, either. The K-1000 was. AKG doesn't belong on this list. They seem to have taken the celebriphone path. And, man, do I hope AKG proves me wrong. I love their out-of-production headphones.

Voted for the HD-800. I still prefer it to the rest of the list.

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
LCD-2 and HE-5LE aren't dynamic, F1 and Ed8 aren't flagships

I know orthos aren't dynamic, but everyone seems to love them so I felt guilty for almost leaving them out. The F1 is their production flagship atm... so the qualia 010 are out for the count (sadly :frowning2: ). I gotta fix those ed8s.... I totally typed that by habit lol.

Quote:
The K-701/2 isn't a flagship, either. The K-1000 was. AKG doesn't belong on this list. They seem to have taken the celebriphone path. And, man, do I hope AKG proves me wrong. I love their out-of-production headphones.

Voted for the HD-800. I still prefer it to the rest of the list.

Yeah, the good ol' k1000s :-\, but they're out of production :frowning2:.

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 13
The definition of a flagship is the product a company currently presents as its best and is generally priced to reflect that.

That's all it means. It is not open to debate or people saying "I don't like this phone so its not a flagship" or "I don't like this company so they can't have a flagship" or even "I prefer this previous flagship".

It's up to a company to decide what its flagship is and the rest of us can discuss whether we like it or not as a separate issue, but not whether it is a flagship, which we have no control over.

A flagship is a statement by a manufacturer not a judgement call from a consumer.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 13
And "DYNAMIC"???

Maybe the more important word(or maybe an important word :0).There is a real difference in design between dynamics,orthos, etc....

Quote:
The definition of a flagship is the product a company currently presents as its best and is generally priced to reflect that.

That's all it means. It is not open to debate or people saying "I don't like this phone so its not a flagship" or "I don't like this company so they can't have a flagship" or even "I prefer this previous flagship".

It's up to a company to decide what its flagship is and the rest of us can discuss whether we like it or not as a separate issue, but not whether it is a flagship, which we have no control over.

A flagship is a statement by a manufacturer not a judgement call from a consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back