:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015!
May 11, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #183 of 838
Well, congratulations on coming over this side of Ocean.
But....London is so much hassle. And expensive......And it's not central in UK, despite being the Capital.
Try Birmingham next time, maybe?

But then, it might be my extreme aversion to London speaking.

May 11, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #184 of 838
Well, congratulations on coming over this side of Ocean.
But....London is so much hassle. And expensive......And it's not central in UK, despite being the Capital.
Try Birmingham next time, maybe?

But then, it might be my extreme aversion to London speaking.
Yep. That's your opinion. I live there and love the place.

May 11, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #185 of 838
Yep. That's your opinion. I live there and love the place.

But it is hassle, expensive and not central. And you live there. And love the place.

I got so fed up with it I didn't just leave: I emigrated! 
etysmile.gif
...and now I find it a really great place to visit. :)

I wish I could be there when this happens. Why London? Well, everything's got to be somewhere! 

Why not Birmingham? Why not Birmingham next time?

May 11, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #186 of 838

But it is hassle, expensive and not central. And you live there. And love the place.

I got so fed up with it I didn't just leave: I emigrated! 
etysmile.gif
...and now I find it a really great place to visit. :)

I wish I could be there when this happens. Why London? Well, everything's got to be somewhere! 

Why not Birmingham? Why not Birmingham next time?

You must be joking! 

May 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #187 of 838
Birmingham is a pain for everyone to get to except for Brummies.
London is where its at, maybe have another in Leeds or Manchester.

May 12, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #191 of 838
May 12, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #192 of 838
As someone who has organized two national meets, I can vouch for the fact that - when it comes to location - you can never please all the people all the time! 
biggrin.gif

I would add that if it's in England and I'm off then I'm on my way to it ! But maybe that's just me. I spend enough on headphones that 50 quid in fuel could save me a lot of unnecessary spending in the future. And if someone takes the trouble to set one up then I'm going to support it

May 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #193 of 838

As someone who has organized two national meets, I can vouch for the fact that - when it comes to location - you can never please all the people all the time! 
biggrin.gif

I would add that if it's in England and I'm off then I'm on my way to it ! But maybe that's just me. I spend enough on headphones that 50 quid in fuel could save me a lot of unnecessary spending in the future. And if someone takes the trouble to set one up then I'm going to support it

Agreed, Trev! Meets are absolutely worth the travel hassle imho.

May 12, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #195 of 838
biggrin.gif

Not forgetting that this is a commercial event. Not an enthusiasts "meet".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back