:flag_gb: CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #346 of 433
Yup, this page completely kills iOS Safari (strangely Android Chrome doesn't crash, one up to the droid!)

It will be beneficial to put these very picture heavy posts behind spoiler tags, especially for data usage (and page loading!) on mobile...

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #347 of 433

Musica Acoustics

^ Met with Dimitri Trush of Musica Acoustics, so full of energy and enthusiasm. Very friendly too. Passed a great time by that stand. Eventful to say the least.
I got the learn about the new Oriolus iem, 3 BA drivers + 1 DD in universal fit but with an upgrade possible to a custom shell. The volume of the headstage coming out of the Oriolus was the first thing that jumped at me. The earpiece is much bigger than the Noble univ. The price is a bit too high for me to attempt a leap of faith after a short audition. I'd be interested in taking part of a review tour if one happens.

I didn't try out the EarSonic Velvets nor the Esther DAP.

I saw that Dimitri had also brought the Vorzuge Pure II + amp. I had read about its goodness (from Duncan or Soundblast75's posts) but I didn't have any proper iem with me to test it.
But a British gentleman was who was sitting next to me was in state of ataraxia. He felt so relieved and free when adding the Pure II + to his stack comprising of an iBasso DX90, the Chord Hugo with a circumaural headphone that I didn't know of, which later Dimitri said to be an Ultrasone (I couldn't keep the model in memory so I just made a search now and from the colors I remember it had, I believe it was an Ultrasone Edition 8 Palladium). The gentleman said that the Hugo was a DAC foremost, not an amp. And that its amp section couldn't bring out the pleasure he'd just received from adding the Pure II +.
He then offered me to hear it out myself. He had no idea of how much of a newbie I was haha. It was the first time I'd wear an expensive headphone + first time I'd see a Hugo (1/3 smaller than I imagined)  and hear one in flesh + same thing for the Vorzuge. That Ultrasone was very light for its size. Didn't expect that. I pressed Play on what his DX90's current track and paused, it was some kind of goa or psy trance.
Effortless, equilibrium, meaning of fatigue nonexistent would be what I experienced on that moment.
Imagined a mystical jungle with this palpable liquid fluid bass 'boings' going on, and some sparkling treble that was just defining my amount of wanted brightness devoid of any harshness or sibilance while being clear. His track was presented with such a fairness, not one element trying to overstep another. Everything evenly playing out together.
I quite cherished that moment by that stand. It's a bit telling of the relativity of head-fi; of our respective journeys. For him who said traveled a lot, with long flights and hotel rooms, his rig was a portable heaven. For me, already obese, I viewed it as transportable, and only want an C/IEM + a DAP. Yet I can only hope to get to hear that kind of sound in my limited iem/dap pairing.

Off-topic subject: when I read about other show impressions that some persons can listen very loudly, which leaks very easily with open backs, I was prepared to hear this leakage. But while I was chatting with Dimitri I suddenly heard loud music as if there was a small bookshelf speaker right behind me or like a laptop speaker blasting. I turned around and I saw that the source was indeed right behind, it came from Sennheiser's Orpheus haha. There was a lady listening to it but she herself was taken aback back the loundness and pulled it off.

^ Whiplash Modular cable with the adapters. 
Unfortunately, destiny didn't want me to try it out as Dimitri remembered on Sunday after the show had ended that he had indeed brought a 3.5mm TRRS Whiplash cable terminated for the Sony ZX2. No worries :wink:
Bought me some Ortofon ear tips.

Aurisonics / Comply / Lotoo / Final Audio Design

^ 
Following the IEM Basshead thread, I wanted to hear the ASG 2.5 to see how the basshead 'king' would compare to my EarWerkz Omega. Did only had the new series line-up.
So I tried the Aurisonic Harmony. Oh boy that bass was head rattling haha, way too much for my taste. [I was told later by others that the Kicker had even more bass impact. brrr]

Cagin,
First and foremost appreciate your cheerful and kind words towards me and my gear.
Saturday was a crazy busy day and you kept on waiting for me till I am through with the english man auditioning Pure II+ and rest of the crowd.
Thanks indeed for all your time and business.

P.S Yeah, it is funny that I forgot to show you Whiplash Balanced cable you asked me to bring to London.
All best.
Dimitri T.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #348 of 433
Hi, Layman1/Marcus here again.

A quick question: 

Until reading this thread, I was unaware of the Noble brand and hence completely failed to visit their stall.
The reviews on here of the Noble Savant IEM's sound terrific! Since the only earphones I have any real familiarity with are Audeo Phonak 112''s, JHA Roxanne's and the aforementioned Jaben Hyperdynamics, I was wondering if anyone who'd listened to any/all of those could give me an aural comparison between any/all of them and the Noble Savant's.

Assuming a job materialises sooner or later, I was thinking of buying the Hyperdynamics [whilst starting a lengthy savings programme for the AK380 + Roxanne's, or whatever Amazeballs™ combo is top of the pops at that moment!].

However, I'm now seriously tempted by the Noble Savant's; the only downside being that I've never actually heard them :p

All feedback welcome. Except for the bad sonic kind, obviously:p

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #349 of 433
I would really like a copy of my image from the picture collage, I'm the beardy guy with the Sennheiser HD600 around my neck. I think I'm listening to the Pioneer Master SE1 in the picture. Does anybody know how to make that happen? 

Also, any word on SHAG? It's been a couple weeks?

I have some pictures to post sometime soon. Including @Takeanidea on the Orpheus (his star of the show).

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #350 of 433
I went back to my post and edited stuff into
tags. Sorry for the troubles :wink:

Quote:
  Hi, Layman1/Marcus here again.

A quick question: 

Until reading this thread, I was unaware of the Noble brand and hence completely failed to visit their stall.
The reviews on here of the Noble Savant IEM's sound terrific! Since the only earphones I have any real familiarity with are Audeo Phonak 112''s, JHA Roxanne's and the aforementioned Jaben Hyperdynamics, I was wondering if anyone who'd listened to any/all of those could give me an aural comparison between any/all of them and the Noble Savant's.

Assuming a job materialises sooner or later, I was thinking of buying the Hyperdynamics [whilst starting a lengthy savings programme for the AK380 + Roxanne's, or whatever Amazeballs™ combo is top of the pops at that moment!].

However, I'm now seriously tempted by the Noble Savant's; the only downside being that I've never actually heard them :p

All feedback welcome. Except for the bad sonic kind, obviously:p

If you ever get near Brussels, you're more than welcomed to test mine. I'll make sure to do my best to attend the next UK meet.
I've only listened to the Hyper Dynamic in your list, and for the target price, it's hard to beat. The Savant is over 3x the price. But remember the HD's not out yet.
Can ask Jaben for an approx release date  sg@jaben.com (Singapore one).
My audition of the Savant was on Saturday and the Hyper Dynamic on Sunday, lot of stuff/variables in between :p Mega pinch of salt yeah? So to recall a memory, I prefered the treble of the HD, but definately the mids of the Savant. Bass was too close to discern. I don't remember the HD's treble being hard on my ears, where the Savant might be tingling (I'm way too sensitive to to the type of ssss tzzz I hear). To me I consider both in my desired sound sig type. So is the even more affordable Trinity Delta 

If not mistaken @Ra97oR heard both, and he's a ton more qualified than me. (sry for the hot potato toss man 
devil_face.gif
)

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #351 of 433
  I would really like a copy of my image from the picture collage, I'm the beardy guy with the Sennheiser HD600 around my neck. I think I'm listening to the Pioneer Master SE1 in the picture. Does anybody know how to make that happen? 

Also, any word on SHAG? It's been a couple weeks?

I have some pictures to post sometime soon. Including @Takeanidea on the Orpheus (his star of the show).

I did achieve a state of inner contentment whilst listening to Van Morrison that I can only describe as Orpheusness
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #352 of 433
Pictures of people (with some headphones)!

Me and the Orpheus (all decked out in Sennheiser, Van Morrison was beautiful, but not £20k beautiful, and not better than HE-1000 to my ears)

@Takeanidea and the Orpheus

A medieval torture device playing out of a delicious sounding Italian mound of tube ampage (Abyss out of Viva Egoista)

I took more pictures, but I realised after the fact that Trev or Mark are in most of them. I was too busy listening to great gear to take great photos, so I just took pics of the people I was hanging out with. I thought the top rigs (for pure sound quality) I heard on the day went in this order:

1. HE-1000 out of the EF-6 (perfect synergy, power to spare)
2. Abyss out of the Viva Egoista
3. LCD-3 out of the Head Amp GS-X MkII (sounded better than HE-1000 in this combo, poor synergy?)
4. Orpheus out of the Orpheus Tube Amp (may she make her way back home)

The best value of my top four rigs is easily the #1 combo. The most surprising was the Abyss. I had heard that it had crazy bass, but I found it to be perfectly natural. I'd be all up for getting it if it didn't have such a high risk for falling off my head and blunt force castrating me.

I didn't spend enough time with the Ether C, but I really liked it and will need to hear it more in the near future.

I didn't listen to the Yggdrasil, but @pedalhead tells me that it is fantastic.

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #354 of 433
Late in the day but I thought I'd share some pics from the meet.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #356 of 433
Sep 13, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #358 of 433

1. Snugs earphones stand:
    1. I got myself a set of half-impressions for my R2Pros
    2. Luckily, someone else had already handed in theirs so I got to keep mine
    3. The 3D-scanning tech really impressed me with how it worked; it confuses me as to why it's such a rare tech with CIEM companies though

Have you heard back at all from Snugs?

I mailed them last week, but haven't heard anything since I got my ears scanned at CanJam. Not even a confirmation mail.

Getting a little concerned with the two week silence...

Sep 13, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #359 of 433
  Have you heard back at all from Snugs?

I mailed them last week, but haven't heard anything since I got my ears scanned at CanJam. Not even a confirmation mail.

Getting a little concerned with the two week silence...

Also ordered from them and haven't heard anything from them. They did mention something like a 2 week wait, so I'm going to sit this week out before getting concerned at all.

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #360 of 433
They did say it'd be around 10 days before I would see them, so yes, they're not late per se, but I would have thought a mail to confirm my order or even that it's being processed would have been forthcoming.

Glad to know that it's not just me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back