FLAC to mp3 in Foobar 9.5 beta 2, higher than 245
Jul 11, 2008 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

upstateguy

Headphoneus Supremus
There must be a way to get foobar 9.5 beta 2 to encode from flac to mp3 higher than 245, I just don't know what it is....

Anyone?

USG

d-_-b

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 6

click on "..." when converting to lame, pick custom, replace -vx --vbr-new with -b 320

this way you will get cbr 320kbps. you shouldn't notice any improvement in quality though, lame is considered transparent at v2 (~190kbps)

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b_r0xx0r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this way you will get cbr 320kbps. you shouldn't notice any improvement in quality though, lame is considered transparent at v2 (~190kbps)

I'd advise those considering it as true to consider washing their ears and upgrading their audio equipment. There is no bitrate the LAME is transparent. ABX proven.

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd advise those considering it as true to consider washing their ears and upgrading their audio equipment. There is no bitrate the LAME is transparent. ABX proven.

Isn't the point that it does depend on equipment and hearing, so it's worth people trying it for themselves to see what works? With my equipment and hearing I can't differentiate between V0 and flac (foobar2000 ABX), haven't yet tried anything lower than V0.

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no bitrate the LAME is transparent. ABX proven.

Equipment, ears, music preferences, and listening habits are what determines transparency. Many, including myself, find V2 and higher to be completely transparent during critical listening tests using ABX. And after racking my ears and brain trying to pretend I can hear the differences at these high bitrates, letting go and enjoying the music nullifies perceived transparency even further.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b_r0xx0r /img/forum/go_quote.gif

click on "..." when converting to lame, pick custom, replace -vx --vbr-new with -b 320

Thank you very much...... worked like a charm

USG

d-_-b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back