Fixing Up My Sennheiser CX300's
Sep 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CaptHowie

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,
Until I get my Sennheiser IE7's I need to put up with my CX300's. The filters have gunked up with ear wax and the rubber tips have gone hard. What can I do to fix this? I was thinking about putting the tips under hot water since they might soften up, but for the filters I will need to open them up. How do I do this? Hair dryer? I'd say it would just be glue but I'm not sure, and if it is, what sort of glue would I use to put it back together? I know the CX300's are pretty crap but I'm going overseas in a week on a school trip and I don't want to take my Grados (open on aeroplane + going to a "3rd world country"...). Help would be appreciated because I don't want to resort to iPod Stock Buds...
frown.gif

Thanks,
-CaptHowie.

EDIT: Update - Took the filters out as they were broken... guess it's no filters from here on. They don't affect the sound from what I've heard, only stop gunk from getting to the driver.

EDIT2: Don't worry, they are not working anyway. Mods, please close this thread.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #2 of 2
I had the grilles on mine gunk up ages ago when I had them. Used a sharp pin to poke a hole in them and then pull them out. Brother is using them with no grilles now and they seem to be holding out fine without them for him. I've had no experience with the tips hardening but hot water shouldn't hurt them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back