Fixing my IE8's?
Jan 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:

I managed to bend the metal on the jack a month ago and it eventually broke off :frowning2: How do I fix this? Is there a way to fix it without a soldering iron?

Many thanks.

http://imgur.com/ulXoo

Is it under warranty? If so maybe you can send it back to Sennheiser for repair. I actually had my IE7s come with the metal bent but never got that fixed. Was just to lazy. Would be a good idea to get that fixed so ear wax and gunk don't accumulate in the driver housing.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
I'll dig out the papers and check. I don't think it's still under warranty.

If you cannot get the cable fixed under warranty consider buying an replacement cable. The IE8 cables are detachable so you can always buy a stock cable or even better an aftermarket one. I found Silver cable to make the IE8s sound better. I still found them to need EQ but the cable still brought noticeable change and refinements in the sound of the IE8. I actually am using the cable on my IE80s and its still an appreciable difference. I got my eBay seller zeroshoe. You can also make an offer and possibly get a better deal on the cable depending on what you offer him.

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 9
I searched on ebay but I don't see a zeroshoe seller selling cables. I do came accross this cable: Hand Made Galaxy Advanced Upgrade Replacement Silver Cable for SENNHEISER IE8

Is this the cable you're talking about? Maybe it's something for the IE 80 I have on order.

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
I searched on ebay but I don't see a zeroshoe seller selling cables. I do came accross this cable: Hand Made Galaxy Advanced Upgrade Replacement Silver Cable for SENNHEISER IE8

Is this the cable you're talking about? Maybe it's something for the IE 80 I have on order.

I'll post the linkg. Give me a minute :p

Edit: Here you go. you can also make an offer and haggle him down a little bit. I did this and saved $5.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a897f90

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks put the cable onto the watchlist.
Only difference I can find is:

Zeroshoe_12000 : 4X 4N silver wire
Easybiding: 2X 3N Silver wire (Denmark material)

So Zeroshoe's cable is thicker if I'm correct.

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 9
If you look in the seller's history, he has sold the cable for as low as $95 - that's a good $25 off of asking price - now the question I have is that a good price for a silver (not plated) cable?

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
If you look in the seller's history, he has sold the cable for as low as $95 - that's a good $25 off of asking price - now the question I have is that a good price for a silver (not plated) cable?

Its silver cable not silver plated. He has confirmed this to me. I own this cable and it is indeed a real silver cable. I paid about $115.00 for my cable and I feel its a good price for the craftsmanship that goes into this cable. Its a very clean looking cable. Now twag has some interesting cables but the price is way too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back