Fix for HD595 and 650 creak.
Mar 7, 2007 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pp312

Hoping to be taken seriously for once in his life
Both my 595 and 650s had a bad creak every time I moved my head or jaw. After much experimentation, I eventually traced the problem in both to the point where the arms hinge to the driver housing, where plastic meets plastic. Hope you know where I mean, but in any case where plastic moves against plastic an outrageous, and quite disproportionate, creak is send through the housing. Answer: a drop of oil--no more. Voila! No more creaking.

This seems like a trivial problem, but it would have been enough for me to reconsider keeping either phone. I read a review of the Stax 2020 the other day, and while the reviewer approved the sound, he commented that he wouldn't buy the phones due to a loud creaking in the housing. I knew exactly where he was coming from.

Sep 21, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 9
Can't say I've had this problem at all with my HD595/HD650.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 9
I had it, too after I returned it and got it back repaired. It just goes away with time and wear.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 9
No doubt, but in the meantime it drives you bonkers!
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
spray some wd40 onn affected area. It worked for my yamaha hp-1.

Kerosene? No thanks.

They call WD-40 a Water Displacer for a reason.

I do however have a big can of STP spray silicone lube. And no big senns at all - but i keep meaning to lube the various pivots and slides on my AKGs.

Sep 21, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 9
A drop of oil certainly fix most, if not all, of these creaking noises.
It did on one of my Lambda Pro.., who were annoying when I got them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back