FIVE/FIVE/FIVE THREAD
Jun 11, 2005 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
Name your favorite five musical artists, and five songs by each of them that you consider to be their greatest. Also, at the end of your post include five artists that you are sorry didn't make the list.

Metallica – For Whom The Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Wherever I May Roam, Enter Sandman, Sad But True
Led Zeppelin – Dazed And Confused, Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Stairway To Heaven, Kashmir
Aerosmith- Back In The Saddle, Love In An Elevator, The Other Side, I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, Angel
White Zombie – Thunder Kiss ’65, Black Sunshine, More Human Than Human, Electric Head Pt. 2, Grindhouse
Tool – Forty Six & 2, Parabola, Stinkfist, Ticks & Leeches, Triad

Five artist I’m sorry didn’t make the list:

R.E.M. Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, Hall & Oates, John “Cougar” Mellencamp

Jun 11, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 7
This is what I've been listening to a lot laterly:

Tool - The Patient, Lateralus, No Quarter, Reflection, Push It (Live)
Dream Theater - This Dying Soul, Endless Sacrifice, Home, These Walls, Misunderstood
Pink Floyd - The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here, Meddle
Dave Matthews Band - Warehouse, Granny, Jimi Thing, What Would You Say, #41
Porcupine Tree - The entire In Absentia album
icon10.gif

And the unlucky 5: A Perfect Circle, William Orbit, Yes, The Who, Eva Cassidy

Jun 12, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Pink Floyd - The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Animals, Wish You Were Here, Meddle

Alot easier when you just list entire PF works isn't it?
icon10.gif
And the fact that I mostly listen to albums in their entirety makes it a bit harder.

Current listings subject to change.

Dream Theater - Erotomania, In the Name of God, Endless Sacrifice, Stream of Conciousness, As I Am.
Dave Matthews Band - Two Step, Warehouse, #41, Minarets, Pantala Naga Pampa/ Rapunzel.
Metallica - One, Orion, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Call of Ktulu.
Pantera - Cemetary Gates, The Sleep, Cowboys From Hell, 10's, Becoming.
Pink Floyd - Echoes, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Atom Heart Mother, Time, Run Like Hell.

That took long enough, not gonna bother with the final 5

Jun 12, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 7
What I have been listening to recently:

Pennywise - Homesick, Waste of Time, What if I, Searching, Every Time, Every Single Day
Sarah McLachlan - Possession, Sweet Surrender, Building a Mystery, Train Wreck, Path of Thorns
Thrice - To What End, Kill Me Quickly, Torch to End All Torches, Stare at the Sun, T & C
Cake - Never There, Jolene, Mr. Mastodon Farm, Frank Sinatra, The Distance
Sublime - Right Back, Santeria, What I Got, What Happened
Millencolin - No Cigar, Penguins and Polar Bears, Bullion, Kemp, Man or Mouse
Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype, Can't Truss It, Welcome to the Terrordome, Fear of a Black Planet
Strung Out - Mind of My Own, Velvet Alley, Swan Dive, Ultimate Devotion, Radio Suicide
Eric Clapton
The Garden State Soundtrack (various, The Shins, Zero 7 etc.)

To name a few of the ones I have been listening to recently...picking my top five favorite artists is impossible
tongue.gif
. That's just random stuff.

Jun 12, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Mine, most I have listened to recently a lot.

Massive attack: Only have the Mezzanine CD, so songs from that.

Bjork: Hunter, Bachelorette, All neon like, Hyper-ballad, Joga

Gorillaz: Last living souls, Feel good inc., Clint eastwood, 19-2000, Tomorrow Comes Today

System of a down: Toxicity, Chop Suey, Forest, Prison Song, Sugar

Apocalyptica: Because most of them are so similar its not worth naming them. I've been listening mostly to some of their older songs.

Hmmm, 5 that should have made the list:
Pink Floyd
The Prodigy
Eminem
Carl Orff
Mr Oizo (really fun analogue low frequencies
basshead.gif
wink.gif
)

Jun 12, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, Dark SIde of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall

Yes - Fragile, Close to the Edge, Yes, The Yes Album, Tales from Topographic Oceans

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, Bitches Brew, Miles in the Sky, Tribute to Jack Johnson, Live at the Filmore

The Talking Heads - 77, Speaking in Tongues, Remain in Light, Little Creatures, Stop Making Sense

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats, The Grand Wazoo, Joe's Garage, Shut up N Play Yer Guitar, Apostraphe

I am sorry that the following didn't make my list:
Todd Rundgren/Utopia, David Bowie, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Rush, Neil Young

Jun 12, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Pink Floyd: Mother, The Final Cut, The Gunner's Dream, Breathe, Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Peter Gabriel: Biko, Solsbury Hill, Sledgehammer, Don't Give Up, Games Without Frontiers

Queen: Hammer to Fall, Bohemian Rhapsody, I Want to Break Free, Under Pressure, Save Me

Warren Zevon: Mohammed's Radio, The French Inhaler, The Indifference of Heaven, Desperados Under the Eaves, Detox Mansion

Elton John: Levon, Tiny Dancer, Rocket Man, Candle in the Wind, Philadelphia Freedom

Five regrets: The Cure, Dire Straits, Electric Light Orchestra, Led Zeppelin, The Who

Users who are viewing this thread

Back