FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Feb 23, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4,186 of 4,881
Anyone A-B-ed FETG334 with Noble K10 Universal?

I did actually, I owned TG334 and have auditioned the K10u but the "old" version not the aluminium/metal version.

Same fun and engaging sound signature but different focus. TG334 definitely more mid centric and better timbre and detail at human voices and mid area. For the imaging, vocalist seems more focused/forward and while the instrument placed more backward.
K10u is more focused on the bass section, the bass is more layered and detailed. But the imaging is fallshort when compared to TG334, I feel sometimes in a busy passages music/instrument, the imaging and placement become blurry and "stacking" each other.
About the soundstage section, hands down to TG334 which is more spacious and have a better depth and height. K10u is definitely narrower and smaller in comparison.
Both have the same slow decaying bass, but sometimes TG334 can be a little bit bloated but it still managable with different cables and eartips matching.
About the treble section, IMO both of it have the same quantity, but the K10u have more energy and feel energetic/lively without sounding harsh or peaky.

YMMV

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #4,187 of 4,881

I have.  The K-10 IMO is a much clearer, the range goes higher and lower, more separation, more sound stage.  I have not listened once to my 334 since getting the K-10.
My normal routine on a plane was to use the 334 until the meal or snack service was finished, did not want to use a CIEM having to take in and out to talk to the flight attendants (shhhhh or my wife:)  But the K-10 custom is worth taking in and out of my ears a few times because the sound is so much more pleasurable.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #4,188 of 4,881
I have K10C and TG334. 

K10C is even, comfortable and pleasant. No complains. 
Between the 2, I feel that 334 wins mids hands down. Clarity and separation excellent, bar none. 
If 334's bass is too much for you and you really value the mids and highs, Parterre is excellent. I love to hear bells with the Parterre: just so real!
Recently, I feel the need for more bass, and am now waiting for the 335DW I just ordered! 

I am a fan, as you can tell by now! :p

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,192 of 4,881
sorry wrong post, was meant to reply a question here

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #4,193 of 4,881
Dear Folks,

I just got my TG334 and find that this thing sounds warm. for me, not as detail as my asg2.5.
can anyone suggest, how to make tg334 sounds brighter..?

thanks,
Joe

You can try to match it with Therium cable from Norne Audio. I use it with my 335DW and the improvement is pretty significant. Resolution is higher, bass is tighter and more controlled, highs more airy and smooth. Mids are more or less the same just a tad more refined.

Perhaps it's also suitable for TG334 :)

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #4,194 of 4,881

I current have both and to me they sound very different and it is a matter of horse for course. Next to the K10Ua, 334 sound like a mild V-shaped IEM with a very closed-in presentation. Soundstage is wider, deeper and more airy with the K10Ua, but it is not as dimensional as the 334. 334 really shines with club-type or studio-type recordings but I would not use them with classical pieces. K10Ua on the other hand is more flexible in terms of music choices.

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #4,196 of 4,881
I had the pleasure to have both K10U and TG334 before I sold off my Noble. 

Both are excellent piece of workmanship and fine tuning. 

I preferred the TG334 as the vocals really stood out for me, the realistic voice lacks in the K10U after comparison. 

K10U has more of a general tuning, doesn't give me the wow factor, just like UERR. Though, the music rendition and sound accuracy of UERR is fantastic. One day, I'll get my own UERR. 

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #4,199 of 4,881
Yap, ortofon, spiral dots, comply, muse... Found the one that works for me is spinfit which contrary to opinions here, brought out the highs and tamed the bass for me.

I think we should bear in mind that each ear tip brings different sonic qualities to the table. And add to that, our personal preferences as to musical presentation and the construction of our ears and ear canals. Quite a few combinations and permutations possible. Hence, it is not axiomatic that one type of ear tip is definitely better than another. Best to try for yourself. :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #4,200 of 4,881
I think we should bear in mind that each ear tip brings different sonic qualities to the table. And add to that, our personal preferences as to musical presentation and the construction of our ears and ear canals. Quite a few combinations and permutations possible. Hence, it is not axiomatic that one type of ear tip is definitely better than another. Best to try for yourself. :)

That being said, what is the "model" insertion depth? Granted my ears were not used in the design process, and I find shallow insertion best (and many will concur). But when shallow inserted, the iem stick out so much that I am embarrassed to hit the streets, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back