FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Aug 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #4,036 of 4,896

confused.gif
Mine is half matt half shiny, V3 maybe ?
I also want to know the difference between the 001 and 000 cable, I can't hear any difference going back and forth, I have black widow on it, and really like it.

I'll need to do a test again. I did it few years back & to be frank, I felt back then the difference to be rather tiny. But I can do it again to be sure...as I've learnt a lot on listening too in the past two years.

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #4,038 of 4,896
Please do, maybe wait until you get your 380 back alone with some DSD files?
I've got a replacement AK380 already - 2 days of shipping the broken one. I'll test the 000/001 on the AK380 single ended (no TRRS on my 000/001).

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #4,041 of 4,896
  Has anyone here tried the cables from Beat Audio (Oslo, Prima Donna) or Wagnus (Diamond Dust, Sieve Sheep)? Mind to share some impressions with the Fitears?

Prima Donna in my sig however those are with the MH335DW-SRs, not TG!334's.

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #4,042 of 4,896
  Please do, maybe wait until you get your 380 back alone with some DSD files?

This took quite a bit of going back 'n forth - in other words, either I'm not too focused doing this comparison or the differences between the 000 & 001 is slight.

The 000 seems to be weightier, deeper and fuller sounding than the 001. The 001 sounds a little thinner by comparison. However for some vocal tracks where if I feel the TG!334 is too meaty in the mid-bass region, the 001 actually makes the whole signature feel a little more neutralish (but of course still far from neutral).

I'll need to spend a little more time to listen to the treble side. To me the 000 so far seems more prominent almost to the point the the "S'es" could be a little to over emphasized. Now that's not to say the 000 make the TG!334 sibilant, as it's still far from that. I think I'm noticing the trebles more 'cos of the relative difference from the meater mid-bass. Whereas the 001 the transitions from the midbass -> midrange -> treble is less distinctive.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #4,043 of 4,896
  To me the 000 so far seems more prominent almost to the point the the "S'es" could be a little to over emphasized. Now that's not to say the 000 make the TG!334 sibilant, as it's still far from that. I think I'm noticing the trebles more 'cos of the relative difference from the meater mid-bass. Whereas the 001 the transitions from the midbass -> midrange -> treble is less distinctive.

Strange. To me it's kind of the opposite, though my impressions are solely with the 335DW. The 000 is the cable that does a better job smoothing the C/S vocal spikes or "tss" percussion (especially prominent with LQ streamed stuff from Soundcloud or talkshow podcasts) in the upper mids and highs, though the difference is very small. It does give more contrast compared to the 001 as you said, but to me that "weight" (gives the impression of having a small tube stage somewhere in the chain) from the 000 is what helps with taming the potentially offensive notes on poorly produced recordings. Again, my impression are with the 335, so maybe the headphones play a bigger part than imagined in "adopting" a cable's signature. Either that or your 000 is very different from mine. Dunno. \(O_o)/

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #4,045 of 4,896
^Thanks for the impressions on the cables, gents!!  I'll have a BTG Midnight cable in the house soon and will see if I hear some differences.

Right now, my impression is that the shiny version 1 of TG!334 is a bit more laid-back in sound signature.

The matte version 2 I have is a little brighter/clearer.

The version 1 will refine digititus where the version 2 is a little livelier up top.

Not sure if this is due to slight changes in the length/position of drivers or to less wear and use on them.

Next, I have to compare bass...

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #4,048 of 4,896
Just got an used pair of 334's a few days ago. Compared to my JH13FP, the 334's definitely seemed more exciting and awe-striking at first listens, but further A-Bing revealed how much more accurate and neutral the 13's were, especially in the low end department. The 13's also proved themselves to be better at imaging and separation, even though presentation sizes were similar between the two (to my ears). If I had to go for one pair between the two of them, the 13's are going to be it since they are simply the better all-rounder, but they are just so different in sound signature that keeping them might just be enough to serve any music under the sun. I'm glad I'm able to do so.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #4,049 of 4,896

The cable connectors are the same for both versions...it's the socket in the 334 that is different. The Version 2 has a (supposedly) more robust socket...otherwise they are (supposedly) the same sound wise.

By more robust sockets on the v2 with the matt finishing, you mean the sockets are spring loaded like when inserting a sd card into a phone slot where you can hear a click sound? 
I assume the difference in physical traits of the 334 can also be found with v1 and v2 of the f111? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back