FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Mar 17, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #121 of 4,896
Quote:

Anyway back to these FitEar To Go MH334, are they actually released now in Japan, Tomscy2000? If so, I will chase the store to follow up the next few days!  

Well, Fujiya-AVIC is the only store authorized to sell the TOGO334, and while it seems like they're in stock already, I believe they're still taking pre-orders rather than actual purchases, but I don't know for sure.

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #123 of 4,896
Looks like Sonove graphed it. Slightly more bass than the K3003. Treble seems pretty safe, but doesn't drop too much. More distortion than the  K3003 in the bass. Pretty good results I'll say, though It doesn't seem to suit joker's taste as much as the K3003. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #124 of 4,896
Quote:
Looks like Sonove graphed it. Slightly more bass than the K3003. Treble seems pretty safe, but doesn't drop too much. More distortion than the  K3003 in the bass. Pretty good results I'll say, though It doesn't seem to suit joker's taste as much as the K3003. 

Yeah, it looks like a 'pro audio' type of response, which is what it was intended to be in the first place. The FR also seems slightly different from the custom 334:

d107526c_517609608.jpeg

BTW, did Sonove graph the FR of the K3003?

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #125 of 4,896

Quote:
I do think that is the purpose of Head Fi, letting one get a sense of a product without having to try? Whether I approach it with naivety is debatable, but I am still a person that trusts and believe in people. Perhaps my bad!

Ideally, one gets a sense of new products or directions to explore, then goes out and tries it somehow before hand (like at a meet-up or store demo) and determines if it suits one's taste. The reality of the situation, obviously, is that many people cannot (or will not) do this before hand and instead make purchasing decisions based on intuition. It's risky, especially when a) the item in question is an import and cannot be returned easily due to buyer's remorse and b) the item in question costs quite a bit of money.

Honestly, most head-fiers would probably find buying an IEM that costs as much as the K3003 or the TG 334 to be bewildering behavior in and of itself, let alone site unheard. In my case I do it all the time, but then I'm a collector more than an audiophile. You seem to be a collector as well and have the income to dispose on this stuff. But I'd say we're in the minority.

When people ask me what headphones they should buy, I'm uncomfortable because I simply dislike telling people how to spend their money, and I can't help but feel partially responsible if they end up spending money on something they dislike, even though it wouldn't really be my fault since I'm not trying to overtly hype or shill something. It's not so much a matter of trusting or believing people as it is sound being hard to describe, and our ears varying so much to make this hobby far too subjective to not be careful with impressions and recommendations. Especially given that my personal philosophy with regard to head-fi is pretty unusual / differs quite a bit from a lot of others'. That's why I feel it's important, if one cannot listen to something first-hand, to base purchasing decisions on as many different sets of impressions as possible rather than the word of one person. Unless you know that person well enough to know how he/she usually hears things compared to the way you do, or you can establish this based on precedent in their other impressions.

I dunno, I just don't like the thought of people taking me for some kind of "expert" because I own a lot of gear and post a lot. It's flattering but simply untrue. Most of the time I post on head-fi to simply socialize these days, but I still get an inbox filled with requests for advice and recommendations, so I tend to be really cautious about these sorts of things.

Anyway, I wont derail the thread any further.

TL;DR lol.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #126 of 4,896

Yeah, it looks like a 'pro audio' type of response, which is what it was intended to be in the first place. The FR also seems slightly different from the custom 334:

d107526c_517609608.jpeg

BTW, did Sonove graph the FR of the K3003?

Where did those graphs come from? I've seen a reliable XBA-1 graph and that one looks quite complementary to it. XBA-3 has sparked some interest. 

Also, it's not accurate to compare graphs from different sources since some use HFTC and some don't. 

Yes he did. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #127 of 4,896
Quote:
Where did those graphs come from? I've seen a reliable XBA-1 graph and that one looks quite complementary to it. XBA-3 has sparked some interest. 

Also, it's not accurate to compare graphs from different sources since some use HFTC and some don't. 

Yes he did. 

Yeah I know it's not accurate, but there are differences. These came from FitEar themselves. Thanks for the 3003 link. BTW I still like the XBA-1 most... the 3 has some disjointedness still, and the added extension and detail isn't really worth it with respect to the market prices where I live.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #128 of 4,896
Thanks for that, the XBA-1 is something I'm pretty sure I'm buying once it hits the states. Not right away, but within a couple of months. XBA-3 only slightly got some interest, it's price is a big turn-off considering I don't expect it to be an upgrade as some here think it will, just because it has more drivers and a higher price. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #129 of 4,896
How much do you think the XBA-1 will go for a few months down the line?

I never think I have any interest in graphs till you guys post them. Then I end up staring at them for a while.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #130 of 4,896

Quote:

I have never heard any of the Universals that I have bought and rarely have seen them beforehand besides pictures. The W4, the SE535ltd, the Aurisonics coming and the AKGK3003. Probably the same will happen with these Fit Ears. I put an order for a 10 driver CIEM last weekend, haven't heard and haven't seen them, on the back of listening to his other creation a hybrid CIEM which uses a dynamic for bass and a single BA for the mid and highs. I listened for 2 minutes liked it, bought them and am having them made up as Universal CIEMs. I am in possession of the Demos now whilst waiting for mine.

I do think that is the purpose of Head Fi, letting one get a sense of a product without having to try? Whether I approach it with naivety is debatable, but I am still a person that trusts and believe in people. Perhaps my bad!

Anyway back to these FitEar To Go MH334, are they actually released now in Japan, Tomscy2000? If so, I will chase the store to follow up the next few days!  

Wow, you must be extremely rich. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #131 of 4,896

Quote:
Wow, you must be extremely rich. 

No not at all, but this hobby was forced upon me, that comes across sounding so bad!

I have never listened to a decent IEM until 9 months ago when I bought a pair of W4. I have embraced this hobby and ideally would like to try as many as possible, various IEM combinations in tandem with different cables and amps.

The FitEar TOGO MH334 seems like a ideal candidate for purchase....

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #132 of 4,896

Quote:
No not at all, but this hobby was forced upon me, that comes across sounding so bad!

I have never listened to a decent IEM until 9 months ago when I bought a pair of W4. I have embraced this hobby and ideally would like to try as many as possible, various IEM combinations in tandem with different cables and amps.

The FitEar TOGO MH334 seems like a ideal candidate for purchase....

I see, so you started at the top right away. I prefer starting at the bottom then slowly going up, that would help me to appreciate the sound more and the value of it. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #133 of 4,896

Quote:
Looks like Sonove graphed it. Slightly more bass than the K3003. Treble seems pretty safe, but doesn't drop too much. More distortion than the  K3003 in the bass. Pretty good results I'll say, though It doesn't seem to suit joker's taste as much as the K3003

Is that good news or bad news? Does it matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back