FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Nov 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #526 of 768
  I got this new limited edition from Fitears (Parterre),  it's in my avatar.  I need to let it play for awhile....
I can't comment for now, little disappointed by first impression listening (although, short and brief)...

What phones have you been previously listening to?

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #528 of 768
I was listening JH16.

Well if you are used to or like the bass of jh16 then you might be disappoint in Paterre. As Paterre has less bass in quantity compare to jh16. However, if you are looking for soundstage the airyness around instrument you are in for the treat as I listen to both paterre and 334 and love both of them.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #529 of 768
I'm curious, but does the parterre have greater width or depth to its presentation than the 334? I believe the Parterre was tuned for a presentation that's akin to a concert hall like environment?

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #530 of 768
Well if you are used to or like the bass of jh16 then you might be disappoint in Paterre. As Paterre has less bass in quantity compare to jh16. However, if you are looking for soundstage the airyness around instrument you are in for the treat as I listen to both paterre and 334 and love both of them.

However, I'm not basshead junkie
wink.gif
  I just need time to get use with this new Parterre.  I think perfect for the classical listening.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #531 of 768
With stock cable and tips, Paterre sound more spacious than 334. It make you hear more depth on great classical songs. On other genre Paterre lack some needed impact. With upgraded cable silver+gold and tips(ortofon) on both, 334 sound better on all genre.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #533 of 768
I'm curious, but does the parterre have greater width or depth to its presentation than the 334? I believe the Parterre was tuned for a presentation that's akin to a concert hall like environment?

I prefer the parterre over the 334 because of the bass. Indeed, the 334 do provide a better depth than the parterre and more real in piano presentation. but the parterre has lesser bass punch than the 334 which make the parterre sound more airy and relaxing. with my preference, I am usually feel fatigue after listen to the 334 for over one hour.

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #538 of 768
Thank you

Congrats on your purchase. Finding the right fit makes day and night difference, albeit it may seem trivial..

Also, quote from Fitear's facebook page:

"Parterre" requires 100-150hrs burn-in for the capacitor driving, not for the cable. At least to run 100-150 hours, the sound will be better, the longer you burn-in, the better sound you get. Please let your Parterre to grow!

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #539 of 768
Congrats on your purchase. Finding the right fit makes day and night difference, albeit it may seem trivial..

Also, quote from Fitear's facebook page:

"Parterre" requires 100-150hrs burn-in for the capacitor driving, not for the cable. At least to run 100-150 hours, the sound will be better, the longer you burn-in, the better sound you get. Please let your Parterre to grow!

I also believe in burnin philosophy!! But i'm starting to liking the sound...
it's good sound.

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #540 of 768
  I also believe in burnin philosophy!! But i'm starting to liking the sound...
it's good sound.

Yeah, I believe a Sparrow once said that they wouldn't give you that WOW moment when you first hear them, like the 334, but the longer you spend with them, you realize they give you everything in just the right amount and moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back