FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Nov 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #511 of 768
What do you guys consider as the best portable source for Parterre? Amp or no Amp? Balance/SE?

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #512 of 768
that is to me the biggest strength of the parterre, source isn't that important:
no hissing worry (at least not like with a 535 or the 334).
even underdriven they don't really become bloated.
they are not that sensitive so not much worries that the sound will be too loud even at lvl 1 on volume knob.
but they're still IEMs so anything will if needed go loud enough to lose hearing.

I found them fatiguing, but they've been very easy to live with and to pair for the time I had them.

you might want to avoid something cold as they already have a lot of high mids and trebles.

Quote:
  Hi Currawong! Do you use these with stock AK100?

I tried both togo334 an F111 with my unmodded  AK100 but the bass respons was little disapointing. (disappears on the f111 and little flabby on the 334)

from memory I noticed that high mids and treble would go down and make it warmer on my sources with higher impedance. so ak100 might not be the best idea (people releasing a 22ohm dap for IEMs should be sued). you should go for phones with dynamic drivers and stable impedance, or IEMs that benefit from increased impedance (like W4).
imo going for parterre with first version ak100 would defeat the purpose of getting a parterre. it would be like buying a hd800 knowing it would go all pl30 on you with your source.
also with the high frequencies going down you would probably lose some part of the imaging (as high freqs are easier to pinpoint than bass freqs).

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #513 of 768
Sounding pretty wonderful with my original CLAS and Ray Samuels amp, both of which lean slightly to the warmer side. Still captures impressive detail in the high mids and uppers. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #516 of 768
I think that's the consensus, most likely from Sonion
Actually I just looked it from the outside at a activity held in my home city.
I didn't get the chance to hear Parterre after it ran in, but it was really nice even before the run in process.
I saw Suyama-san and his wife on that day too! But I didn't know him at that time...

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #517 of 768
Seem like Fitears release the limited edition Blanc Parterre.  it's white

Looks pretty cool!  
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #518 of 768
Hi guys, would like to know what are the ear tips that you all used on the Parterre. I'm currently on stock tips but I'm having problem with obtaining a good seal as one side losses the seal quite easily, Need some recommendations on ear tips that is compatible and comfortable. Can the comply foam tips be used on the parterre?

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #519 of 768
Not sure on the comply tips. The 400 and 500 series fit the 334s, but don't know on the Parterre. The otrofon silicon tips are often recommended. I use them on my pair and prefer them to the stock ones.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #520 of 768
Not sure on the comply tips. The 400 and 500 series fit the 334s, but don't know on the Parterre. The otrofon silicon tips are often recommended. I use them on my pair and prefer them to the stock ones.

Yeah, often saw people recommending ortofon tips but I've not try it before. Tried the comply tips on other earphones and it works quite well.

If the comply tips are compatible with ortofon eq-5 & 7 then it should fits the Parterre as well right?

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #521 of 768
Yes Comply tips fit the Parterre. I use Comply TSX-500 with my Parterre. IMO those tips are more comfortable than the Ortofon tips which I also have.

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #523 of 768
I am currently trying monster supertip gel which i find they provide better detail retrieval as well as cleaner treble than the comply foam...n a lot more comfortable than the stock tip..the only down side is that they do tend to come off easily....

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #524 of 768
I got this new limited edition from Fitears (Parterre),  it's in my avatar.  I need to let it play for awhile....
I can't comment for now, little disappointed by first impression listening (although, short and brief)...

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #525 of 768

Yes Comply tips fit the Parterre. I use Comply TSX-500 with my Parterre. IMO those tips are more comfortable than the Ortofon tips which I also have.

Saw that the comply tips used for the ortofons are from the 400 series. Is it that both 400 & 500 series comply tips will fit the Parterre?

500 is the "right" size. if you have some 400 around, you can use them too but it will require a little force. something I wouldn't mind doing on the parterre because they look rock solid, but wouln't do on my IE80 ^_^ (same size same form).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back