FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #484 of 768
I ordered too!  Except now the wife thinks I shouldn't open them till Christmas!  
confused_face.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #486 of 768
Wallet damage completed. These are, by far, my favourite IEMs of all I've tried, bar the JHAudio Roxanne. I can easily forget I'm using IEMs and just enjoy listening.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #487 of 768
  Wallet damage completed. These are, by far, my favourite IEMs of all I've tried, bar the JHAudio Roxanne. I can easily forget I'm using IEMs and just enjoy listening.

Curious.... Does that include the Tralucent 1 plus 2 ?

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #488 of 768
The 1plus2s were good for me, but they were too revealing of the flaws of my AK100. They were excellent out of my NOS-1704/WA7 rig, which is a bit mellow. Also with the Uber cable, they had to be treated carefully. The 1plus2s also have significantly more bass. I could almost swear it increased over time. Since the 1plus2s, including cable, were loaners, I either had to buy them or give them back, and given that I really do intend to use IEMs when travelling, it was easier just to stick to the JH13s, which are robust and have sufficient isolation. I feel the Parterres are a bit less IEM-sounding than the JH13 Freqphase (which are also quite a bit more mid-forward).

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #489 of 768
  The 1plus2s were good for me, but they were too revealing of the flaws of my AK100. They were excellent out of my NOS-1704/WA7 rig, which is a bit mellow. Also with the Uber cable, they had to be treated carefully. The 1plus2s also have significantly more bass. I could almost swear it increased over time. Since the 1plus2s, including cable, were loaners, I either had to buy them or give them back, and given that I really do intend to use IEMs when travelling, it was easier just to stick to the JH13s, which are robust and have sufficient isolation. I feel the Parterres are a bit less IEM-sounding than the JH13 Freqphase (which are also quite a bit more mid-forward).

Thanks for responding..... I have been vacillating over the parterre for a while.. I think you helped me decide.. I certainly have the impression that the FitEars are better built. (Than the 1 plus 2 that is). I have the F111 and love the build quality and have read not so flattering stuff regarding 1 plus 2.. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #490 of 768

I'm excited to get mine!  They seem to be in LA customs right now.  Do you intend to try different cables with them?  From what I've read so far, they're not highly affected soundwise, but it might be worth a change because the 001 cable is so stiff.  What do you think?

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #492 of 768
Nov 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #494 of 768
Hi Currawong! Do you use these with stock AK100?

I tried both togo334 an F111 with my unmodded  AK100 but the bass respons was little disapointing. (disappears on the f111 and little flabby on the 334)

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #495 of 768
How about tips?  Are the Parterre's tip sensitive?  Looks like the provided supply is pretty sparse, though I'm supposed to be getting Ortofon tips with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back