FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Thread
Nov 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #496 of 767

fiascogarcia

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had several hours on the Parterre's now, and I have to say the sound signature is just what I've been looking for.  Smooth, natural, airy, coherent from top to bottom.  Soundstage might not be the widest (as has been discussed), but certainly good enough that I could almost give up using open back headphones.  I'm surely not experienced with as many phones as many of you are, but these are simply the best I've ever owned.  Wonderful sounding iem's with everything I've thrown at them so far.  The only small niggle I have so far is the cable, which I will replace with something a little more flexible.

I'd also like to thank Dimitri and MusicaAcoustics for making my purchase such an easy process.  He's been great to work with.  I'm a happy camper!

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #500 of 767

fiascogarcia

Headphoneus Supremus
  well if anyone has figured out a way to get better sound from the parterres via either cable or tips, please let me know.

I'm not sure about the sound improvements, but I'd also like to know what replacement tips everyone uses.  I'm pretty sure it will be impossible to source more of the stock tips that come with the fitears, so I presume people are using something else?

Also, I've ordered the BTG Starlight cable, more for functionality than sound improvement.  As a newbie to Fitear, I find it hard to even get the 001 cable back in the case unless you twist tie it up!  It is, however, built like a tank.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #505 of 767

gmahler2u

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm getting white parterre...I didn't know until now....
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #507 of 767
  Hi Currawong! Do you use these with stock AK100?

I tried both togo334 an F111 with my unmodded  AK100 but the bass respons was little disapointing. (disappears on the f111 and little flabby on the 334)

Un-modded AK100s are no good for these IEMs. You either need the MK2, an amp, or a modded one.

I've had several hours on the Parterre's now, and I have to say the sound signature is just what I've been looking for.  Smooth, natural, airy, coherent from top to bottom.  Soundstage might not be the widest (as has been discussed), but certainly good enough that I could almost give up using open back headphones.  I'm surely not experienced with as many phones as many of you are, but these are simply the best I've ever owned.  Wonderful sounding iem's with everything I've thrown at them so far.  The only small niggle I have so far is the cable, which I will replace with something a little more flexible.

I'd also like to thank Dimitri and MusicaAcoustics for making my purchase such an easy process.  He's been great to work with.  I'm a happy camper!

Just a note that IEMs don't have a soundstage (such a thing is impossible). It is possible to fake it a bit by tweaking the frequency response.

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #508 of 767
  Hi Currawong! Do you use these with stock AK100?

I tried both togo334 an F111 with my unmodded  AK100 but the bass respons was little disapointing. (disappears on the f111 and little flabby on the 334)

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Un-modded AK100s are no good for these IEMs. You either need the MK2, an amp, or a modded one.

[OT]
Macheta, FitEar actually released an AK100-specific version for the early AK100 Mk1. So did Final Audio, and Heir Audio (Tzar and something else). The new AK100 Mk2 has a Zout of 3 ohm and is more IEM friendly.
[/OT]

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #509 of 767

fiascogarcia

Headphoneus Supremus

Just a note that IEMs don't have a soundstage (such a thing is impossible). It is possible to fake it a bit by tweaking the frequency response.

True point!  And still it is referred to so frequently.  I probably use the term soundstage rather loosely.  Personally, I'm referring to the perception of depth and instrument separation and location in a recording, as it is always (I assume) an imaginary distance, separation and location whenever sound comes from a speaker(s) or driver(s).  I also kind of use the "out of head" type experience as a contributing measure of soundstage.  You've actually got me curious now as to what the consensus definition of soundstage is!?

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #510 of 767

spkrs01

Headphoneus Supremus
My take is:-

soundstage needs to be out of the head and ahead of you......however, the majority of IEMs gives a presentation of headstage/space.

Both can allow for perception of the x, y and z axis, but what needs to be noted is that IRL headspace is not a natural phenomenon. 

My2C

Users who are viewing this thread