Fit identical to UM-1's, but cheaper?
Aug 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rumatt

100+ Head-Fier
My girlfriend loves her Westone UM-1's, but she destroyed her first pair by wearing them at the gym.  Can anyone recommend a set of in-ear headphones that fits the same (uses the same ear pieces) but is cheaper?    She doesn't really care about sound quality but wants the fit and sound isolation provided by the UM-1's.

Is there something significantly cheaper or should she just keep paying $100 for UM-1's and destroying them every 6 months?  
size]

Thanks!

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 7
Meelec M6 sport

They're pretty cheap. They've been on groupon pretty regularly for ~$12 or so. sound decent, super darn comfortable and come with a solid case and many tips.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
My girlfriend loves her Westone UM-1's, but she destroyed her first pair by wearing them at the gym.  Can anyone recommend a set of in-ear headphones that fits the same (uses the same ear pieces) but is cheaper?    She doesn't really care about sound quality but wants the fit and sound isolation provided by the UM-1's.

Is there something significantly cheaper or should she just keep paying $100 for UM-1's and destroying them every 6 months?  
size]

Thanks!

It's normally the cable that actually goes bad...  My recommendation would be to get something like a UM-2 RC, I know it's more expensive, but you can replace the cable instead of the IEM, 50 dollars, or 30 if you get a generic cable as opposed to 100; you pay more up front though.  If you look hard enough you might be able to find the MEE A151 for a cheap price (around 50-70). 

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 7
There are pink UM1's on Ebay for $69. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-UM1-Pink-79493-Universal-Monitors-In-Ear-Headphones-Earbuds-w-G2-Cable-/360695306422?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item53fb1d98b6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back