Fischer FA-011 vs. FA-003
May 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cubdog

Head-Fier
I can't find any direct comparisons of these two. I'm surprised that the 011 cost less than the 003 based on the physical appearence. Can anyone tell me how they differ SQ wise. Is either a better deal cost vs performance? Thanks.

cubdog

May 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 8
The FA-003 has a more balanced frequency response, whereas the FA-011 has more prominent bass and treble. If you want accurate monitoring go for the former, but the FA-011 is considered by many to be more fun. :)

May 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 8
The FA-011 has some seriously deep and punchy bass, while still remaining very open-sounding, which is very hard to do (ask Ultrasone; they've spent years trying to perfect their relatively slow-selling PRO 2900). They're the basshead's Fishcer. The FA-003 is more neutral and natural sounding, which is pleasing for a wider array of genres. In addition, the FA-011 is physically open, so if you happen to be in the market for something closed they're not to be had.

May 14, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 8
I have not heard the FA-003's, but I own the 011s and really like them.  Just to pile on what was said above, the FA-011s definitely have a V shaped profile.  The bass and treble are very present, but I do not think they overpower the mids, which I really dig.  Also, they have a really nice, wide soundstage (google and listen to the virtual barber shop, it is incredible with these headphones).  The fact that they accomplish this and are still clear and detailed (to my ears at least) is a win for me. All in all, thse qualities make them very fun sounding and enjoyable to listen to.  Another thing, I have found that garbage in = garbage out with these. Low quality recordings seem to bring out some harshness in the highs, so if you have a lot of lossless music, I think that will really pay dividends to you.

May 14, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Good feedback, thanks. I'm definately not a basshead. I listen mostly to jazz, ambient and female vocals. Sounds like the 003 may be for me. Still, I love the look of the 011.

cubdog

May 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Good feedback, thanks. I'm definately not a basshead. I listen mostly to jazz, ambient and female vocals. Sounds like the 003 may be for me. Still, I love the look of the 011.

cubdog

Yeah, you can't really go wrong with either unless you hate bass. I say play it safe and go FA-003 (also, remember that the Brainwavz HM5, when it's in stock on MP4Nation, is cheaper than the FA-003 and is the same can).

May 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Thinking of buying both the FA-011 and the HM5 and maybe selling off most of my other headphones.
Sounds like the FA-011 with the HM5 would cover me for any situation.

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 8
sorry about the thread necromancy, i recently got the FA-011 because i read they were like grados with bass.  To me they are nothing like grados.  Opposite in fact.  recessed mids, boomy bass.  with proper amp i am really enjoying rap / hip hop with them.  For vocals, instrumental, rock i stick with the grados.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back