Fischer Audio FA-003Ti official announce.
May 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #136 of 182
got my ti for almost 2 weeks... well one thing that is very noticeable is the bass.... overall sound fa 003ti actually bring a clearer sound to the listening experience.. better technicality and soundstage is wider than your regular fa003/hm5/yoga/digitech.. 

now fa 003ti added with woodcups behaves very differently with the regular one... I am using a merbau woodcups, somehow the woodcups makes the soundstage less wide than the standard cup. besides that, everything is else to be expected. now I tried to change it with a teak woodcups.. this one help to widen the soundstage back or slightly wider than the standard cup. however.. I really did expected a better soundstage... 

So i am starting to think that with this ti version, we have to be carefull with the wood cups choice, since different type of woods creates different effects and actually going to a less wider soundstage is something new with the fa003  headphones that in general using woodcups going to make the sound stage wider, which is clearly not the case with the Ti version that is more picky about the type of wood is being use to get a get an improvement in overall sound. 

I wish I have more type of wood cup to try on... 

May 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #137 of 182
Even the older non Ti FA-003 is finicky with wood. Different wood = different characteristics, some are more porous than others, some more denser and dampen the inside sound waves better. My experience is no matter what wood I tried, all of them reduced the soundstage a bit with the older FA-003 only the stock cup had the widest soundstaging quality of all of them. Taking a page out of my Sony MDR CD modding book is that the more hollow and larger area inside the cup, the more the driver is able to breathe, hence offering a larger soundstage. These are my findings.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #142 of 182
Just got mine this morning.

The first thing I noticed was the bass. Seems a lot tighter/detailed than the non-ti model. Instrument separation is pretty nice as well. Results in a more detailed less muddy listening experience.

Straight out of the packaging I thought the sound stage was a bit weird, like the mids were next to your head and the rest of the music was coming from somewhere a bit further away. The treble seemed a bit harsh as well. These issues don't seem to there any more though after listening for a while. 

Overall I have to say, these are pretty nice. Like the new headband too. Going to hook my wood cups (Wenge, 8 step) up a little later tonight and have a bit of a listening session.

I am running them straight out of my MDAC amp section, I'll try them with the phonitor a bit later too.

Definite improvement over the FA-003 non ti model. These seem like pretty awesome headphones for the price. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #143 of 182
Hi, how would you compare FA-003 Ti to the AKG K271 MKII in terms of sound signature, bulid quality, and overall comfort of use? How these 2 hp rank in SS and SQ to HD600?

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #147 of 182
I've had mine for a couple of months and the more I listen, the more I like them.  I agree with earlier comments that the clarity and detail are really very good.  These are my first good closed headphones and I really like how quiet the silences in the music become.  I also find them very dynamic with quiet soft notes being heard cleanly and clearly but still having a strong strong attack on drums and cymbals and playing loud notes without distortion.

I have a fat head, so I did bend the aluminum yokes a little to reduce the pressure.  Now, they still seal very well and are comfortable for multi-hour listening.

Although my experience is limited with closed cans, the sound stage is fairly wide, just not as wide as a good open can.  I do like that the sound stage is stable and sharply defined.

The bass is also very clean and well damped.  I would say that normal bass is flat, but sub-bass is somewhat recessed.  In other words, if you are a bass head, then you won't be satisfied without boosting the bottom.  I tried them with a moybb amp with the bass boost on and they sound pretty good.  The moybb bass curve is not a great match for the FA-003Ti, but they still sound clean and undistorted.  I think they are capable of playing very clean and strong sub-bass with the right amp.

The only flaw I found may be due to my tweaking the yokes.  The clearance between the ear cup bodies and the yokes is too small and the cups touch the yokes at certain angles.  Other than that, the quality and sound are a great value.

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #148 of 182
where is the best place to buy these in the US? and where are the wood cups available?

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #149 of 182
Not sure if this is the right place, my first post on head-fi!

I just got these today, going to listen to them out of hte box after work and then try some burn in.

I searched online to see where i could get different wooden cups and they are quite expensive. Does anyone know of a Russian source that sells the wooden cups? My wife is russian i can ask her to order them online for me, maybe they are bit cheaper if you order them from a russian dealer.

Thank you and I am looking forward to being a head-fi member!

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #150 of 182
  Not sure if this is the right place, my first post on head-fi!

I just got these today, going to listen to them out of hte box after work and then try some burn in.

I searched online to see where i could get different wooden cups and they are quite expensive. Does anyone know of a Russian source that sells the wooden cups? My wife is russian i can ask her to order them online for me, maybe they are bit cheaper if you order them from a russian dealer.

Thank you and I am looking forward to being a head-fi member!

Do not get wooden cups. Wood is horrible in headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back