First Xbox 360 seen in the wild
Jul 18, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 37
haha, what a moron

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 37
He probably didn't realize what he'd done until he'd done it. Happens to me all the time.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 37
You get the inside track on the new 360° and you plug it in to that crumby little TV???
Halo 2 showing on the screen.... hmmmm.... this may mean that it is backward compatible....kewl

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Halo 2 showing on the screen.... hmmmm.... this may mean that it is backward compatible....kewl

Microsoft annouced backwards compatibility with the most popular games at this year's E3.

-Ed

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Microsoft annouced backwards compatibility with the most popular games at this year's E3.

-Ed

Why the limitation???
There are games that are "popular" and games that are also popular for certain people/groups.
Mercenaries for example did not get it's due credit but is very popular among many I know so games like that may be left off the list...
It seems that it would be harder to specify the system to read only select games.

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 37
If this is for real, I cannot imagine Uncle Bill (or his appointed Smile-Time Super-Happy Corporate Attorney) will be terribly thrilled that some mid-level compliance functionary let his kid fool around with something like that.

Of course, methinks this smells rather like a leak by Uncle Bill and the gang. It will keep the gearheads speculating for some time.

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 37
I trutfhfully believe that this is just an idiot kid who is going to get a beating from his father soon.

Bill Gates would not do something like that - he's a greedy, awfully low-morals business man, but this would not stir up enough controversy to make it worth anything.

That kid is just incredibly stupid - and will have one eye by the time somebody's through with him -- he just caused his father a VERY well-paying job.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Why the limitation???
There are games that are "popular" and games that are also popular for certain people/groups.
Mercenaries for example did not get it's due credit but is very popular among many I know so games like that may be left off the list...
It seems that it would be harder to specify the system to read only select games.

Because they have to recode some of the graphics library for each game. They will surely make these available as updates on XBox Live.

What this means is that the graphics will be improved for older games playing on the XBox 360. Rather than limiting the performance of the next gen games, they are improving older games. Sure some more obscure games may not work, but I'd rather have that than have the next gen 360 games held back from their full potential.

-Ed

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman

That kid is just incredibly stupid - and will have one eye by the time somebody's through with him -- he just caused his father a VERY well-paying job.
rolleyes.gif

This would be like blaming someone for casually telling someone you committed a crime, and then blaming them for your getting arrested for the crime you committed.

Granted the kid is an idiot, but so is the dad. It doesn't day whether or not the kid signed an NDA or not. If not, it's the DAD's FAULT.

It's difficult to keep secrets from family members, but I'm surprised he got to take such an expensive dev kit home. Although from the pics it looks like he's playing it on the floor of an office or hotel? I mean, c'mon. How many offices or hotels don't have a desk or table of some kind.

-Ed

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Because they have to recode some of the graphics library for each game. They will surely make these available as updates on XBox Live.

What this means is that the graphics will be improved for older games playing on the XBox 360. Rather than limiting the performance of the next gen games, they are improving older games. Sure some more obscure games may not work, but I'd rather have that than have the next gen 360 games held back from their full potential.

-Ed

True and understandable but also makes you wonder about intelligent marketing strategies. Especially since Xbox will set the next bar giving PS3 the chance to raise it with all backwards compatibility on every game they have and maybe even more goodies to move PS2-Xbox converts back to Sony.

Either way should be interesting to see how everything shapes up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back