First UE11 Impressions
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #1,336 of 1,600
damn that color looks delicious lol; I just got a boring translucent black since I wanted to remain low key
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #1,338 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have arrived! Will update with pics later...

Congrats
smily_headphones1.gif

On another note to the mods, shouldn't this thread be in the "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" sub forum?

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #1,339 of 1,600
I recieved my Ue11s back after sending in a new set of of impressions,fit seems good now.How do you ue11 owners find the isolation? I can hear other people talking pretty easily when no music is playing.
When music playing no problem.
I find them too bass heavy with my 5.5 g Imod,portaphile v2 maxed super cotton dock.I switched to the PRII with ad744 mod a much better match to the UE11s.
I find the portaphile is a perfect match with the SE500s over the PRII.
Time to put more hours on the UE11s to see how they improve with burn in,& retry it with the portaphile ( I love this amp other then battery life).

Jul 5, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #1,340 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recieved my Ue11s back after sending in a new set of of impressions,fit seems good now.How do you ue11 owners find the isolation? I can hear other people talking pretty easily when no music is playing.
When music playing no problem.
I find them too bass heavy with my 5.5 g Imod,portaphile v2 maxed super cotton dock.I switched to the PRII with ad744 mod a much better match to the UE11s.
I find the portaphile is a perfect match with the SE500s over the PRII.
Time to put more hours on the UE11s to see how they improve with burn in,& retry it with the portaphile ( I love this amp other then battery life).

Voices become muffled when I put them on but when the music is playing I can't hear any outside noise (I'm in a noisy Starbucks right now). If the bass sounds right then your seal is sufficient. The UE11 isolation is about 20% less than my triple.fi + comply foam which probably can be attributed to the acrylic shell of the UE11.

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #1,341 of 1,600
Yes voices are muffled for me also but I can hear people talking with no music playing.

Here is an exchange between UE and me on the sound isolation.

--- Original Message from spraggih to UE ---

On determining a good seal, when no music is playing should I be able to hear everyone around me? (I cannot hear ambient sounds and voices are lower, a little muffled but not non-existent at normal talking levels).

--- Reply from UE ---

[size=x-small]In regards to the isolation you will receive a -25db’s. This is the same filling as when the silicone goo was in your ears or when you place your index finger inside of your ear canals. It does not completely close you off to the outside ambience but does muffle it quite a bit.

-----------------

Hope that helps
[/size]

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #1,343 of 1,600
2 questions:
1: Do anyone's UE11's have shoddy looking sound bores? I thought I'd seen a few pairs on here that had very sloppy looking drill jobs. Even if they are perfect let me know.

2: Has anyone tried disconnecting the cables and reattaching several times? If so, is the cable connection any less snug/tight afterward?

Thanks - Jordan

Jul 5, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #1,344 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 questions:
1: Do anyone's UE11's have shoddy looking soundholes? I thought I'd seen a few pairs on here that had very sloppy looking drill jobs. Even if they are perfect let me know.

2: Has anyone tried disconnecting the cables and reattaching several times? If so, is the cable connection any less snug/tight afterward?

Thanks - Jordan

Why are you asking about the sound holes? From your UE11 pics, it seems you didn't get a sound hole.

The last time I read about a sound hole, the guy was not satisfied and returned it to be remade without the sound hole.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #1,345 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In regards to the isolation you will receive a -25db’s. This is the same filling as when the silicone goo was in your ears or when you place your index finger inside of your ear canals. It does not completely close you off to the outside ambience but does muffle it quite a bit.

The isolation with the UE-11s is a lot less than putting an index finger in your ears.´And when the audiologist put the silicone goo inside - THAT's quiet. I couldn't even hear what people are talking about, I could barely hear that they WERE talking. I wish the isolation were that good.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #1,346 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The isolation with the UE-11s is a lot less than putting an index finger in your ears.´And when the audiologist put the silicone goo inside - THAT's quiet. I couldn't even hear what people are talking about, I could barely hear that they WERE talking. I wish the isolation were that good.

You know what? I thought the same thing when I read the reply from UE. But then I thought I was over exaggerating the beautiful silence. In another thread or this thread I talked about how blissful the silence is. With the goo in my ears it was magnificent-- so quiet-- even better than the outdoors at night after snow. Maybe not better than the woods after snow but better than most outdoors in the quiet cold of winter.

You might be right indeed- perhaps the holes open up the sound? A test would be to put some tape over the holes and stick them in. But that is a little scary-- too much tape could irritate or affect your ears. Too little tape could fall into the holes and damage the phones. My ears or the phones. My ears or the phones. I think I would err on the side of my ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #1,347 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 questions:
1: Do anyone's UE11's have shoddy looking soundholes? I thought I'd seen a few pairs on here that had very sloppy looking drill jobs. Even if they are perfect let me know.

Thanks - Jordan

1 - do you mean the entry to the sound bores? If so, mine look smooth, I can't see anything strange. Post a pic if yours look rugged.

2 - Yes in fact I have done it about 10-15 times now and it seems to get less snug. It is a lot better than the universal line, but I was hoping they had eleminated this problem completely with the customs. I have been very abusive with mine though.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #1,348 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you asking about the sound holes? From your UE11 pics, it seems you didn't get a sound hole.

The last time I read about a sound hole, the guy was not satisfied and returned it to be remade without the sound hole.

I meant the dual-bore holes, not the ambient feature hole. Edited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back