First song for the UM2's.
Dec 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Thanks to Jude forceing me to listen to his UM2's...I had to get my own. So, I just ordered my Westone UM2's and I'm now waiting on them like an expectant parent. This is going to be a HUGE jump in IEM sound quality (the only good headphones I have are the Sennhieser HD-250's), I'm not one of the people who think that the Apple iPod headphones are the best but I also never saw myself spending $250+ on IEM's...untill I heard Jude's UM2's.

Now I just have to figure out what the first appropriately epic song (Lossless of course) to be played through them will be. I'm thinking the theme to 2001: A Space Odyssey would be great. Any suggestions?


Corey
atsmile.gif
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What type of music do you listen to? Who is your favorite artist?


Wow, that's a difficult set of questions. I listen to so many diffrent types of music, but I'll give it a shot.

I guess my favorite style of music is Metal. I only say that because I just looked at my playlist and it's mostly heavy music like Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica...ect with a bunch of diffrent styles mixed in.

As for my favorite artist, I have one for every style, Classical - Gustav Holst, Metal - Metallica, Prog Rock - Pink Floyd/Dream Theater, Jazz - Maynard Furguson... I really can't pick just one. But if your making me pick one, it would probably be Pink Floyd. I can just sit back and enjoy any album by them.

I'm always open to new and diffrent Bands/Musicians, so if you have any recommendations...I'm all ears. (sorry)

Corey
ksc75smile.gif
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedhimself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
un tacle de patrick vieira n'est pas une truite en chocolat by vincent delerm, a french singer!


I know my french is very very rusty...but is that something about a chocolate trout?
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 16

crammit442

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Posts
17
Likes
0
Since you're waiting on the UM2's to be delivered, it's not too late to return them and order the Westone 3 through Live Search through Ebay and get them for less than the UM2. I have UM2's also and they are fantastic, but for even less money you can have the W3's. They are truly a step up from the UM2's. They both sound great, but the 3's are definitely more refined. Everything the UM2's do well, the 3's do even better. Might be worth thinking about.
L3000.gif
 
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 16

PouncePony

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Posts
446
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's a difficult set of questions. I listen to so many diffrent types of music, but I'll give it a shot.

I guess my favorite style of music is Metal. I only say that because I just looked at my playlist and it's mostly heavy music like Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica...ect with a bunch of diffrent styles mixed in.

As for my favorite artist, I have one for every style, Classical - Gustav Holst, Metal - Metallica, Prog Rock - Pink Floyd/Dream Theater, Jazz - Maynard Furguson... I really can't pick just one. But if your making me pick one, it would probably be Pink Floyd. I can just sit back and enjoy any album by them.

I'm always open to new and diffrent Bands/Musicians, so if you have any recommendations...I'm all ears. (sorry)

Corey
ksc75smile.gif



I vote for Pink Floyd "Us And Them/Brain Damage".

-Pony
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by crammit442 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you're waiting on the UM2's to be delivered, it's not too late to return them and order the Westone 3 through Live Search through Ebay and get them for less than the UM2. I have UM2's also and they are fantastic, but for even less money you can have the W3's. They are truly a step up from the UM2's. They both sound great, but the 3's are definitely more refined. Everything the UM2's do well, the 3's do even better. Might be worth thinking about.
L3000.gif



The Westone 3's for less then $300?
confused_face(1).gif
maybe I missed the memo.

Corey
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 16

CaspianPH

Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Posts
66
Likes
10
I nominate ♪♫♫ Enjoy The Silence ♫♪♫ by Depeche Mode
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I nominate ♪♫♫ Enjoy The Silence ♫♪♫ by Depeche Mode


....but I don't want silence! Hehe, good call though!
 
Dec 2, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #13 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedhimself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is!


I'll have to see if I can find the song on iTunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With 30% live cashback, 10% ebay rebate, basically W3 at USD240! A STEAL!


*sigh* I'd love to do that but I don't have the cash on hand, and I don't use credit cards for purchases like this (Stuff I want but don't really need).

I'm really new to the IEM market so the UM2's should be fine for me...for a while.
ksc75smile.gif

Although, I have started saving for a set of customs now that I bought the UM2's.
 
Dec 3, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 16

joe

Headphoneus Supremus
Administrator
Joined
Jun 21, 2001
Posts
2,713
Likes
1,540
Location
Head-Fi HQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have to see if I can find the song on iTunes.


*sigh* I'd love to do that but I don't have the cash on hand, and I don't use credit cards for purchases like this (Stuff I want but don't really need).

I'm really new to the IEM market so the UM2's should be fine for me...for a while.
ksc75smile.gif

Although, I have started saving for a set of customs now that I bought the UM2's.



"Head-fi.org - Sorry about the wallet!"
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Dec 3, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #15 of 16

Corey

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Posts
11
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Head-fi.org - Sorry about the wallet!"
smily_headphones1.gif



Yeah yeah, I know you warned me. But, it's really Jude's fault!, He made me listen to his. ...worst thing is, now I'm sitting here @ work and my UM2's just arrived at my house and I have to wait another hour to listen to them.

Corey

ph34r.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top