-price: $75-150
-type of music: techno, alt rock, some female vocals
-must have some bass but sacrifice for clarity is good
-somewhat comfy?

this is my first headphone so i cant compare what i want to anything
a good starting headphone would also be good
much appreciation if u help me out
biggrin.gif

I would say the ATH m50. I only heard them for a couple of mins but if memory serves then they would fit your criteria nicely.

I have also heard good things about the ATH-ES7, but I haven't heard them, so maybe you can look into those/ask others. They might be good.

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say the ATH m50. I only heard them for a couple of mins but if memory serves then they would fit your criteria nicely.

I have also heard good things about the ATH-ES7, but I haven't heard them, so maybe you can look into those/ask others. They might be good.

hi, i dun think es 7 is good for bass. IT kinda lack of it from my view.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 15
this is terribly difficult due to lack of stock here in hawaii. i was looking at the Senn HD280PRO. any good?
and i was considering the ES7 too, but how much lacking is it? if its bad i dont want it, but even if the bass is somewhat decent im fine with it

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaleookalani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is terribly difficult due to lack of stock here in hawaii. i was looking at the Senn HD280PRO. any good?
and i was considering the ES7 too, but how much lacking is it? if its bad i dont want it, but even if the bass is somewhat decent im fine with it

I've owned the HD280, and I doubt you would find it comfortable because it clamps tightly, and you probably would not like its sound any where near as much as the M50. If you must buy locally, I suggest posting the models that you are considering so Head-Fiers can advise. What will you be using with the headphones, an iPod, PC, receiver, or what?

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 15
Since you are in Hawaii as I could tell by your name first
wink.gif
, it is hard to try many cans. All the cans I got was either online or used is your best bet. If you get them used then they have devalued a little so you won't lose much money if they don't work out for you, you could always sell them.

I haven't tried the HD280s, but I know the ES7s do isolate, but if you are waiting at the bus stop or walking on the sidewalk you'll be able to here all the cars going by. Also, Discount Electronics purchased Pure Digital Hawaii and they had some stock of Senns. I'm not sure if they had HD280s, but they did have some HD600s and HD650s. Not sure if they have any more in stock, but if they did their store on Dilllingham would be your best bet. Good luck

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 15
well if the HD280s arent comfy then i mite go with the ES7. but i also read some good reviews on AKg K81DJs. How are those?
and to riceboy: how is the store audiolabshawaii? i think they r on ala moana blvd

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaleookalani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if the HD280s arent comfy then i mite go with the ES7. but i also read some good reviews on AKg K81DJs. How are those?
and to riceboy: how is the store audiolabshawaii? i think they r on ala moana blvd

Audiolabs has more high end equipment. I'm sure there is no store in Hawaii that carries the ES7 but I think there is a guitar store in Kapahulu that carries some AKGs like the K240s, but they didn't carry the K81s when I went there 6 months ago. My friend owned the AKGs 81DJs and I got to spend a bunch of time with them. I actually preferred the ES7s and so did my friend which has the ES7 now.

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #13 of 15
Unfortunately, I didn't write anything down about it, but I do remember that the K81s aren't as fun sounding as the ES7. I believe, but not 100% sure, that the K81DJ having a flatter frequency. I would do a search for impressions on the K81DJs and the ES7. There is a bunch on this site for sure. For sites it would be either Audiocubes or PriceJapan. There are threads about having fake ES7s being sold. Someone posted up pics of how you can tell which is a fake.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #14 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back