First PPA "Test the power supply"
Jul 2, 2004 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
I'm up to stage 6. in Tangent's Step-by-Step Assembly Guide - "Test the power supply". I have applied power, LED lights up - good sign
cool.gif
. Now the guide says:
"Power the board up and measure from the virtual ground plane to the power pads at the op-amp sockets, and at one buffer socket in each group. The voltage magnitudes should be nearly equal.... "

Are the power pads the V+ pin on the chip socket or all the pins? I'm not sure what points to measure.

Jul 2, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juergen
I'm up to stage 6. in Tangent's Step-by-Step Assembly Guide - "Test the power supply". I have applied power, LED lights up - good sign
cool.gif
. Now the guide says:
"Power the board up and measure from the virtual ground plane to the power pads at the op-amp sockets, and at one buffer socket in each group. The voltage magnitudes should be nearly equal.... "

Are the power pads the V+ pin on the chip socket or all the pins? I'm not sure what points to measure.

Measure from the virtual ground to V+ and then to V-. Do that at each opamp socket and at one buffer socket in each of the three groups of buffers. The magnitude of the voltages should be almost identical (that is, ignore the fact that half of the voltages are negative...just look at the number).

-Drew

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 4
This may help, I hope I got these right. Put the red lead on the red dots and the black lead on the black dots. You should get +11.xxx volts on the upper red dot and -11.xxx volts on the lower red dot if all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back