First post, long time reader...few questions
Apr 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SantinoSan

Head-Fier
Hello all!

I've been doing some experimenting with a few of the recommended budget eims and have yet to find the sound I like. I have the PL30 and find them too bass light for me, but the mid warmth is nice. I have the ADDIEMs and love the detail on the high end, but again, they are bass lite for me. I have an old pair of Bass freqs that sounds horrible except for deep bass, albeit very sloppy deep bass, so I will not touch these. I also have a pair of alpha brainwavz I got with an OS-81 (Teclast M33) that are surprisingly good, but again, without lots of eq, they are bass light to me. I am considering the 7Ms or the CX95...but have issues with both, namely the inline volume control on the Nuforce, and it seems the CX95 are slightly better reviewed. The CX95 I am only able to find on ebay and am leary of fakes. Any advice recommendations as to a seller on ebay that is legit or a legit online vendor that is selling at a agood price?

If there are any other suggestions as to another phone I am open to ideas. I currently am using Sansa C250 with Rockbox on it, or the OS-81 which uses the rockchip 2706. I have a Fuze on order as well as a Fiio 5. I listen to a lot of different music...hard rock such as Disturbed and Korn...lots of movie scores. Country...some top 40, but not much...and rap among a few others.

I would really like to keep it under $70 USD as I am rough on phones and don't want to be too upset when they break, or I lose them.

Forgot to mention why the volume contol on the Nuforce is an issue, it is not so much with the control as the plug...my OS-81 has tv out on the same output as the headphone jack, and it doesn't work with the plug with inline controls, and I don't want to have to use an adaptor.

Thanks,
SantinoSan

May 6, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 3

SantinoSan

Head-Fier
Even with tripple flanges crammed into my ear, the only way to get decent bass is to eq the heck out of them.

I ended up with some Monster Turbines...and WOW...there is some nice, clean, smooth bass.

Users who are viewing this thread