First Portable Headphone amp
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mad_Skillz

New Head-Fier
Hi there!

Well on deciding to buy a pair of Audio Technica:ATH-ES7's for my Ipod Touch, i was wondering what amp to buy
confused_face(1).gif
Living in Australia i am not sure what choices i have but have mainly been looking at a Minibox-D or importing a Mini3. Another amp that has tempted me has been the Tomahawk but it is abit out of my price range. That being said if it is a very huge improvement over the other 2 than i do not mind investing in it.
bigsmile_face.gif

HELP ME CHOOSE!

PS. Also if anyone has any links/info on a DIY Ipod LOD don't be shy

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 6
I have been looking for the same thing and have decided on the P-51 Mustang - Ray Samuels Audio. go to the forum here to reserve one with special pricing for xmas

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Can always go with a penguinamp? It's what I started off with.. still have it alongside my pico and move2. Not sure what the exchange rate for AUD is... so not sure if there will be the same problem.

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 6
There are loads on options for portable amps, it totally depends on your needs and budget. iBasso is worth a look.

There are some head-fi-ers that makes LODS, or you can look at ALO and Qables. Search around, there is loads of info.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 6
IF your on a rreeeeeaaaaallllly tight budget, go for the fiio e3. Other cheap options would be a homemade amp, MINIBOX-F, MINIBOX-D, iBasso T4 etc.
EDIT: I would consider the ibasso T4 and MINIBOX-D. Of course i have neither :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back