FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #1,066 of 1,841
I hope HDP will be good match for JH13
smily_headphones1.gif

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #1,067 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by gopack87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nuforce.com | Icon HDP

Specwise that is pretty respectable, about the same as the Zero 24/192 but if the SNR is about 100db you are really getting a bit under 17 bits not 24 bits, not that anyone can tell the difference...

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #1,070 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Jason...so when can we start pestering Larry on his review of the HDP?
smile.gif

It might be sitting at my UPS Store mailbox right now. We'll find out this afternoon. I plan to burn-it in, but will listen right away and report to Nuforce any good or bad immediately. After some burn-in I will report back again, but I will post my thoughts in another thread.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #1,071 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might be sitting at my UPS Store mailbox right now. We'll find out this afternoon. I plan to burn-it in, but will listen right away and report to Nuforce any good or bad immediately. After some burn-in I will report back again, but I will post my thoughts in another thread.

Give a compare to the Woo 6 please, if ya don't mind =]

Also, is the thing able to be completely powered off USB? The power requirement on the spec sheet says 5V which to me would indicate USB?

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #1,073 of 1,841
Quote:

Thanks HPA! I look forward to your thoughts!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #1,075 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill St. Clair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in the Icon HDP, but talk about it belongs in another thread. If you make one, please link to it here, so I can subscribe easily.

Had I bothered to look, I would have noticed that Jason started a thread on the HDP way back in November.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #1,076 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Concerning the uDac, has anyone heard a A/B comparison with the musiland 02?

I hope to be able to make a comparison when my friend receives his uDac next week
wink_face.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #1,077 of 1,841
Quote:

Just like the AMB y1 DAC is = Gamma 1 DAC

We still need a shootout between uDAC and the y1 Gamma.

I live close enough to HPA to bring him my y1 if he is interested in doing a uDAC/y1 comparison...

Whatdayasay, Larry?

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #1,078 of 1,841
I just read your more than outstanding review of the Udac and noticed that you mentioned the SuperPro DAC707. I have never heard of this Dac up until now and noticed you said that you recommend the SuperPro DAC707 for optical input. I was just wondering since it would be nice to get rid of one of my soundcards (Xonar Essence STX 49720 Op Amps) and replace it with the SuperPro DAC707 so I can still get the effects for my games (I'd still have the Forte).

I am unsure If I should choose the SuperPro DAC707 over the Udac though, as I don't know how closely sounding the SuperPro DAC707 is to the Udac.

My setup is as follows

Xonar Essence STX (49720 OP Amps)--> Little Dot MK III Amp---> HD600's

I am pretty much looking for a dedicated Dac. It would be nice to keep my gaming effects but not entirely needed if the Udac surpasses the SuperPro DAC707.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #1,080 of 1,841
mine arrived yesterday. soooo sexy
smily_headphones1.gif
and works like a charm with my philips hp1000. i was going to pair it with LD1+, but for now it has surpassed my expectations. great little device, no competition in this price-range i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back