FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Jan 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #1,052 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HPA: Impressions on this unit with Westone 3 or Westone UM3X?

Very nice with Westone 3. I posted that in here somewhere, in comparing the W3 with UM56 tips and with silicone tips, while switching between an opamp rolled iBasso D4 and uDAC.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #1,053 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then again the uDac also comes with a decent amp which adds to the value factor

The headphone amp is good with IEMs, but I much prefer my RSA Hornet. Better power for higher impedance cans with better detail retrieval and improved sound staging.

The DAC is what impresses me.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #1,054 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice with Westone 3. I posted that in here somewhere, in comparing the W3 with UM56 tips and with silicone tips, while switching between an opamp rolled iBasso D4 and uDAC.

Thank you. I thought i had read it somewhere, but then again, it has become a very long thread!

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #1,055 of 1,841
Icon HDP will be shipping Feb 10 from USA. We tested as much as we can, even engaging high profile reviewer in Taiwan for audition. One pre-production unit has been sent to Larry for evaluation. Unless he finds any problem, otherwise we will ship as planned.
Due to final production cost (higher than originally planned), Icon HDP price has been raised to $499. We expect this product to compete with high-end products costing 10X as much.

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #1,057 of 1,841
I hooked up my uDac to my speakers today and swapped my Keces back into the headphone setup. It sounds great with my NHT M-00, it's almost as though this DAC was made for them. I'll probably swap the Keces back in later on though, since I can't control the volume with the remote control.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,059 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Icon HDP will be shipping Feb 10 from USA. We tested as much as we can, even engaging high profile reviewer in Taiwan for audition. One pre-production unit has been sent to Larry for evaluation. Unless he finds any problem, otherwise we will ship as planned.
Due to final production cost (higher than originally planned), Icon HDP price has been raised to $499. We expect this product to compete with high-end products costing 10X as much.

Ok, you've got our attention...
tongue_smile.gif
I was planning to spend upwards of $1200 - $2000 on a new DAC. You're setting some pretty high expectations!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back