First impressions, EddieCurrent Dual Mono 2
Jun 29, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #16 of 23
They should work well for all. At the Cincinnati meet the DM-1 had wonderful synergy with the Sony SA5000's and the high impedance Beyer DT990's.
tongue.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 23
Here is a picture Craig (Uthus) sent of the amplifier before it left California.
DM_2.jpg

NGF[/QUOTE]
The original DM-2, as pictured above, I think; is available for less than the cost of a production model. You would have to contact Craig ,to see for sure though. It would have a different sound than the production model also.
orphsmile.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
lambda.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
The original DM-2, as pictured above, I think; is available for less than the cost of a production model. You would have to contact Craig ,to see for sure though. It would have a different sound than the production model also.
orphsmile.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
lambda.gif

That's true, and it is currently winding its way to the opposite coast. I enjoyed it, but headphones really won't cut it, even at school.

NGF

Jul 1, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
They should work well for all. At the Cincinnati meet the DM-1 had wonderful synergy with the Sony SA5000's and the high impedance Beyer DT990's.
tongue.gif
600smile.gif

oh man, the DM-1/SA5k pairing was great. and the bass with the DT990!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
blink.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #20 of 23
Craig told me today that the only OTL headphone amp better than the DM-2 Rev.3 is the Zana. The Zana is no longer produced. It had two oil filled caps built from cans, similar to and the size of the old metal saltine cans from Nabissco Co., two per amp. The DM-2-v3's not here yet and I'm getting goose bumps.
eek.gif
Oh, no I'm not. It's just my wife doing something on my neck.
biggrin.gif
But I still can't wait till it gets here though.
tongue.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #21 of 23
Just to note: FedEx says June 8th delivery for my DualMono-2-ver3. Ouch. Also, I ran across this while web surfing.
Home
Photography by Randall Cordero Musically accurate and simply sublime.
http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/H...hile-Flame.asp

Design Portfolio: Burning the Audiophile Flame
03/01/2002

Had Jules Verne lived in the audio age, Moth Audio would have powered his system. The massive retro-laboratory look of this exquisite modern gear is born from pure utility, including custom-blown, acid-etched glass bell jars to protect the amplifier’s glowing 304TL output power tube. Seasoned audiophiles acknowledge the euphonic musical attributes of vacuum tubes—especially triodes—and in terms of linearity and sonic purity, Moth’s is the tube of choice. Moth designers use one enormous 304TL for each mono amplifier in a single-ended, class A1 design to coax an effortless output of 45 watts. Its sound is musically accurate and simply sublime. For the ultimate system, mate two m304TL amps with the Sphynx tube preamplifier. The full-featured front end includes a phono stage to assuage vinyl lovers, and the entire system can be run in balanced or unbalanced mode. Amplifiers are priced at $19,200 per stereo pair and the preamplifier is $4,600.

Contact Moth Audio Corp. for an audition or further information (323.467.4300)

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #22 of 23
Update time. The DM-2 should be here tomorrow. I will give it a good listen and report back to all of you.
280smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
orphsmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
lambda.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #23 of 23
Hi Mikey01, my name is Nick, and although this is only my second post on this group, I've been following your listening impressions of Eddie Current Amps for the last month or so. You really seem to be an expert on all things Moth/EddieCurrent!!

Anyway, I was interested in knowing what your listening impressions of the DM-2 are. After July 7th (the day just before the arrival of your pre-production DM-2), your posts appeared to have stopped. Have your impressions been posted under a different tread title? Or does the DM-2 sound so incredibly good that you can't pull yourself away from it?
orphsmile.gif
At any rate, hope all finds you well!!

Sincerely,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back