First high end pair of IEMs
Jun 14, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 23
A wild card here I forget to ask about are the mrspeakers aeon c closed....
I did not have the chance to try this so I cannot give any opinion for this :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #17 of 23
No worries, it can be hard to compare closed sets and IEMs anyway given how different they transmit sound into your ears.

Most seem to find better staging qualities in closed sets, but for my ear canals IEMs sound superior. In general, I have liked the staging qualities of my BA sets of iems the most out of closed, open, planar, DD, IEMs, etc. It just sounds the most natural to me from a multi BA set up.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 23
I received my AKG N5005 yesterday and I think you can put that in your consideration too. The bass is more profound as compared to Andromeda without compromising the clarity. Very spacious and I like the treble a lot! Well extended and not fatigue causing but this is subject to personal tolerance towards treble sparkle.
If you've had more time with them I'd love to hear anymore impressions you have of the n5005 versus the Andromeda. I think these are my final two unless another contender randomly shows up, or the it04 gets released in the next few days...

The n5005 sounds a little picky about insertion and tips versus the Andromeda which is picky about sources (and unfortunately my primary source is the hiby r6).
Thanks!

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 23
The Aeon closed is a fine headphone but doesn’t rival the detail of some of the TOTL iems . The Ether-C would come much closer. This is going from listening and not owning on the iems. I really like the Andromeda’s but if you have money to spend then top two that I have heard would be Tia Fourte, LCD i4’s and maybe Empire Ears Zues ( they missed CanJam last year because of weather). The next two would be Noble K10 Encore and Layla’s and then the Andromeda’s not bad company as all the others cost more. Just my opinion.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #20 of 23
What music do you plan on listening too? I had the vegas and currently have the andromeda, atlas, and legend x. Previous post is spot on. Andromeda is special to me really brings you into the music and yes compared to atlas the bass is light. Compared to other BA then it does very well in the bass category.

Some genres do suit the atlas more imo, such as deep house or non vocal electronic. The atlas really brings you in and is definitely more engaging.

Just recieved the legend x and honestly they are really amazing. They do everything, deep bass, lush mids, and a nice treble. Every genre shines with these and after listening to them I think I dont need any other iems. They also come with an effect audio cable so they are nice. Yes expensive. Maybe think about saving up for a few more months and go for them? But if you cant wait I think you will be very happy with either campfire offerings.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #21 of 23
What music do you plan on listening too? I had the vegas and currently have the andromeda, atlas, and legend x. Previous post is spot on. Andromeda is special to me really brings you into the music and yes compared to atlas the bass is light. Compared to other BA then it does very well in the bass category.

Some genres do suit the atlas more imo, such as deep house or non vocal electronic. The atlas really brings you in and is definitely more engaging.

Just recieved the legend x and honestly they are really amazing. They do everything, deep bass, lush mids, and a nice treble. Every genre shines with these and after listening to them I think I dont need any other iems. They also come with an effect audio cable so they are nice. Yes expensive. Maybe think about saving up for a few more months and go for them? But if you cant wait I think you will be very happy with either campfire offerings.
Hah, just saw your listing for the andromeda and sent a pm. I don't listen to rap, hip hop or country but just about everything else from Abba to Slayer to Star****er to Bob dylan.

Legend x sounds awesome, but too pricey.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #22 of 23
Hah, just saw your listing for the andromeda and sent a pm. I don't listen to rap, hip hop or country but just about everything else from Abba to Slayer to Star****er to Bob dylan.

Legend x sounds awesome, but too pricey.
Not so big on Abba but will go from Slayer to Bob Dylan.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 23
If you've had more time with them I'd love to hear anymore impressions you have of the n5005 versus the Andromeda.
Will do so soon! Thinking to write a review on N5005 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back