First headphone amp advice
Sep 9, 2009 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jim1274

Head-Fier
This is my first forum post and my first foray into separate components. To keep this short, my question is whether a used Headroom Supreme is a good starting point amp compared to the current generation of portable amps. I'm negotiating for one now and should end up in the $125-$150 delivered price for this good condition one from a trusted source if the deal works out. Is this a solid choice or would I be better served with one of the similar priced new units? There were very few reviews of this Headroom unit or I could have made an informed decision without seeking advice. I see one with the Cosmic upgrade sold on the forum recently for $200, so $150 seemed the max reasonable price for a stock unit(?) I spent about 20 hours or so perusing the forum and reading reviews and such, narrowing my short list down to 5 or 6 amps. The cheapest one on the list is the Leckerton UHA-3--all the rest were $300 and up.

Is that a good sounding solid starter amp for that price, something that I can enjoy then maybe sell and trade-up without losing too much value after I get a better handle on my needs and uses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back