First Custom In-Ear Monitors.
Sep 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

FloEisX

New Head-Fier
Hey there!

I'm Flo, 17 years old and I've been a huge fan of music all of my life. I play guitar (Electric and Acoustic) and listen to a LOT of music daily, maybe 4 or 5 hours per day. I've tried just about every variant of headphones and In-Ears out there, On-Ear, Over-Ear, In-Ear, Openback, Closed-Back, Bluetooth, Cable... But never have I found a Headphone fitting my need, which would be Noice-Cancelling (or Isolating), being very subtle to notice (I don't have a problem with feeling them in my ears, but I hate it when it gets hot under the shell of Over-Ears for example) and having a very balanced sound. I have problems finding eartips on universals that fit my earcanal well (so it hurts where the earcanal connects with the In-Ears to create the seal after listening to music for longer periods of time), but I defenitely want In-Ears instead of Over-Ears or such. I'm looking for a crisp, clean sounding In-Ear with no really boosted frequencies, so I can enjoy my music (and sometimes mixing while travelling) and plugging it into my amp so I don't annoy my parents. I've decided to get an entry level CIEM, costing (hopefully) aroud 500-550€, and I thought I'd ask better informed people for advice (you all, in that case). Note that I live in Austria, Europe, so I'd rather have a European Company. Which CIEMs would you recommend?

Thank you in advance, I hope that I didn't violate any rules and sorry for my bad english.

Florian

Edit 1: I listen to Blues, Jazz, Rock (or softer Metal, rather) and sometimes Pop or EDM, depending on my mood. Defenitely more of the first 3 tho.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 17
Your English is excellent, My German is bad. You might consider Custom Art with your preferences and see what you think.
Thanks a lot Sir, for your answer and your compliment, I'm sure your german isn't as bad as you think.

I've read about Custom Art already and I really like their IEMs, but I wasn't quite sure about the sound and all of that. Which ones would you rather buy, the FIBAE 2 or 3s, it's only 50 bucks difference but I'm not sure concerning the sound, since the "Compare" function makes it look like they are pretty different.

Thanks in advance.

Flo

Sep 2, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 17
I was in the same situation as you and started with a custom art fibae 2 which i liked very much. It would be helpfull if you name some iem or headphone you liked up to now. Then it's easier to recommend one over the other.
Just speaking about customer service and quality of the products i strongly recommend The Custom Art. Just to name some alternative Lime Ears also from Warsawa also make nice CIEM with a moderate pricetag.

Another comment on price. With Custom Art have a look at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKb5az0asJBXAmAv0FruGM-I_485QJTABiaIbFYJjek/htmlview#gid=0
because of a transferable ownership you may save a little money.

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #5 of 17
I was in the same situation as you and started with a custom art fibae 2 which i liked very much. It would be helpfull if you name some iem or headphone you liked up to now. Then it's easier to recommend one over the other.
Just speaking about customer service and quality of the products i strongly recommend The Custom Art. Just to name some alternative Lime Ears also from Warsawa also make nice CIEM with a moderate pricetag.

Another comment on price. With Custom Art have a look at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKb5az0asJBXAmAv0FruGM-I_485QJTABiaIbFYJjek/htmlview#gid=0
because of a transferable ownership you may save a little money.

Hey!

I can't really tell you which ones I really liked, because I only had them for a week (borrowed from friends, but unable to keep because they hurt while wearing) but I can tell you that I don't like too much warmth, don't need very much bass (it should be well balanced and, like I said, not be focused on any specific frequencies) but the mids and highs are a little bit more important, if thats helpful. I like everything crisp and clear, but do not need very specifically tuned drivers for a specific genre, since my taste in music is that wide spread, it makes it rather hard to pinpoint some special range that I prefer to be more focused or whatever.

So do I understand this "transferable ownership" thing right as that you get InEars someone had before, but with a new shell (to my wishes, since I'd like a clear/smoke shell) and a new warranty? Number 84 sound pretty nice to me.

Best wishes and thanks a lot,
Flo.

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 17
With your description I would advise against fibae 2 which is has a focus on base and is a warm iem. I think Fibae 3 is more to your preferences also Pro 330 v2 may be great for you. I think you should just ask piotr from The Custom Art by mail he is a great guy and can help you to choose from their iems...and you got "transferable ownership" right :)

But as i read your description I automatically thought about SH-3 from Pears audio but these are with $1099 sadly out of your budget.

Sep 2, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #7 of 17
With your description I would advise against fibae 2 which is has a focus on base and is a warm iem. I think Fibae 3 is more to your preferences also Pro 330 v2 may be great for you. I think you should just ask piotr from The Custom Art by mail he is a great guy and can help you to choose from their iems...and you got "transferable ownership" right :)

But as i read your description I automatically thought about SH-3 from Pears audio but these are with $1099 sadly out of your budget.

AH, thanks a lot. Seems like a good deal for the Ei.xx, 550 with the cost for the ownership transfer, and from what I read on the forums it may be a InEar I'm looking for as well, but I'm still gonna see what other people recomnmend.

Thanks for your help yall, this community shows to be a very very nice one.

Flo

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 17
With your preferences... Fibae3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back