Firefox on Mac, problems.
Apr 26, 2008 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, I'm using Firefox on mac since I've been used to firefox and it's easier to sync my bookmarks w/ my other pc's. However, I got problems playing multimedia contents on firefox, pics/vids not showing up (audio is playing though). Not all, but some and it's annoying that I have to open safari to see it. Mostly it's coming from yahoo, like their news airing, etc. Any solution here guys.

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 14
I don't use Yahoo services so not sure if this will help, but have you downloaded the FF3 beta? Works muuuuch better on OS X. I considered FF unusable until then. Not all your extensions may work, but general performance much better.

You may also consider using online bookmarks to free your being tied to a browser/computer.

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 14
Flash not working on Firefox with a Mac is a known bug. I'm not sure if they have a fix for it, though..
Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player?

If that doesn't work, you can always go for Opera!
biggrin.gif
Exporting and importing bookmarks is really simple. IMO, it has a better user interface than Firefox.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 14
Firefox was the best thing since sliced velcro on mac until about 6 months ago it seems. I've gone back to safari, FF just seems terribly buggy all of a sudden
frown.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 14
I've been using OmniWeb for a while now, and I'm satisfied with it. I do use Firefox and Safari sometimes for websites that require it.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 14
You should be able to have OmniWeb disguise itself as FF or Safari for those specific sites.
wink.gif
In fact OmniWeb is likely ahead of Safari on it's WebKit use at this point, no?

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 14
I've had the same issues. If you scroll down and cover up the media file it seems to show up, for me at least. If you can get it to just cover up a very small bit of the top or bottom, it's normally still usable. It's a pain, but hopefully it will be fixed with FF3.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 14
Apr 26, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #11 of 14
Tried a fresh profile? If not give it a try..

I personally use Firefox on MS Windows. But prefer Camino on Mac OS X.
Both are very nice browsers though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be able to have OmniWeb disguise itself as FF or Safari for those specific sites.

How is this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
redface.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is this done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
redface.gif

That should be under preferences. The browser can report itself as another browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back