Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 16, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #3,286 of 6,223
Rather not true in case of FIR's stock cables.
Scorpion is quite good, better with Xe6 than i.e. Forza Hybrid, PW No.10 or Dunu Hulk.
Around $1000 - the difference could be audible - LL Venom, Erua Tawa.
But below it would require a lot of hunting to find a better one than Scorpion.
The standard cable is nothing special compared to Linum SuperBax, PW Saladin+, DD Air Nyx, Whiplash TwAu 8, Whiplash TwAg, Cardas Clear Light, Effect Audio Cleo.
All of these cables are under $1,000 and aren't even new, they've been out for a few years.
But maybe I just haven't come across worse cables, who knows.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #3,287 of 6,223
Musically or technically, they really don't need anything incredible. I enjoyed them on CA Solaris SE, CA Supermoon. However, does it sound better on the Traillii? Of course, yes.
Yes, I understand what you mean.... Of course listening with Multiverse Mentor for example must be one of the best things but if it was really only for that genre/band, it is not necessary to spend the enormous amount, I only mentioned LP because it is my band favourite...but I listen to many other genres in my everyday life

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,288 of 6,223
The standard cable is nothing special compared to Linum SuperBax, PW Saladin+, DD Air Nyx, Whiplash TwAu 8, Whiplash TwAg, Cardas Clear Light, Effect Audio Cleo.
All of these cables are under $1,000 and aren't even new, they've been out for a few years.
But maybe I just haven't come across worse cables, who knows.
Not familiar with others but EA Cleo is $1599 for 8w and $999 4w.
So it's rather far from "any $100+" aftermarket cable will perform better than stock Scorpion :wink:

In $500 range in my opinion it is hard to beat the Scorpion (FIR sells them for $400 if I remember?).
$250 Forza Hybrid, which I totally adore with i.e. Dorado2020 can't go close with Xe6, same with $200 PW Audio No.10 or $400 Dunu Hulk.
Around $1000 - yes (for my taste i.e. LL Venom, Erua Tawa).

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #3,289 of 6,223
Not familiar with others but EA Cleo is $1599 for 8w and $999 4w.
So it's rather far from "any $100+" aftermarket cable will perform better than stock Scorpion :wink:

In $500 range in my opinion it is hard to beat the Scorpion (FIR sells them for $400 if I remember?).
$250 Forza Hybrid, which I totally adore with i.e. Dorado2020 can't go close with Xe6, same with $200 PW Audio No.10 or $400 Dunu Hulk.
Around $1000 - yes (for my taste i.e. LL Venom, Erua Tawa).
I don't know where you got that price from. The Cleo of the first revision cost $699 for the 4w version, which is what we are talking about. It was also available at a discount of $500.
Saladin+ cost 650.
Whiplash TwAg is an old cable, I can't quote a new price for it, but it's not uncommon to find one for $200. DD Air Nyx is $400. Linum costs about 350.
It's all not $100, but the 500 range you mentioned.

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #3,290 of 6,223
Yes, I understand what you mean.... Of course listening with Multiverse Mentor for example must be one of the best things but if it was really only for that genre/band, it is not necessary to spend the enormous amount, I only mentioned LP because it is my band favourite...but I listen to many other genres in my everyday life
I haven't listened to Multiverse Mentor, I can't say anything. Although I doubt that they will be better.
Mason FS did not impress me. It is inferior to Traillii.
I would place Xe6 even lower if we are already communicating in this thread.
However, with one amendment. When you're looking for basshead IEMs, you'll be hard-pressed to find anything better than the Xe6.

Nov 17, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #3,291 of 6,223
FCB763D1-22D3-4A29-B298-922B5E984977.jpeg

The winds of change are blowing… We will soon be announcing our new distribution partners in Asia and we can’t wait to start this new chapter! We’re super excited for whats coming next!

We’d like to thank all of our customers & friends (the FIR Family) for your support during this transition! Rest assured, your FIR product will be supported through the new dealers channels.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Nov 18, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #3,292 of 6,223
FCB763D1-22D3-4A29-B298-922B5E984977.jpeg

The winds of change are blowing… We will soon be announcing our new distribution partners in Asia and we can’t wait to start this new chapter! We’re super excited for whats coming next!

We’d like to thank all of our customers & friends (the FIR Family) for your support during this transition! Rest assured, your FIR product will be supported through the new dealers channels.
so musicteck won't be a distributor anymore?

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #3,293 of 6,223
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #3,296 of 6,223
Got the Fir Audio Neon 4 from the official FIR Audio dealer(The Audio Store) in my country for a few days. I have been listening to the set for the entirety of yesterday. Kind of developed a love-it-hate-it relationship based on some tracks. For some tracks, I find the bass to slam so hard, so hard that all my other IEMs have started to feel neutral to me lol. For some I find the lower end to go boomy and spoil the experience for me. Overall, ai find this set to be something a heavy bass lover will enjoy, for people who prefer more musicality, and more treble presence might not prefer. Gonna give it some cable rolling and tip rolling today hehe!!
Ah forgot to mention, the pair has got an amazing build and it looks fantastic!!
Some Eye candy with a smart guy(that's me):-
1668921057839.png

1668921071674.png

1668921085794.png

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #3,297 of 6,223
IMG_20221116_111836-01.jpeg

Nov 20, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #3,299 of 6,223
Which cable is it?
Does it improve SQ over the stock cable? how?

Thanks
This is the DHC Symbiote Elite 19. Quite a thick cable, but one of the best I've used.
The cable practically does not change the sound setting of the stock cable, but significantly improves the sound quality. Greatly improves control, which is very critical for the Xe6. The dynamic range and articulation are noticeably improved.

Qualitatively, the bass is transmitted better. It finally gets some density and is not so flabby.
In addition, the separation at high frequencies is improved. More detailed and realistic midrange. The sound is more collected and dense.
The soundstage retains its depth, but becomes slightly wider, improving the positioning of the instruments.

These are all noticeable changes that cannot be ignored. However, remember that no cable can change the sound of the IEMs, but only slightly improve or tuned it.

Nov 20, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #3,300 of 6,223
This is the DHC Symbiote Elite 19. Quite a thick cable, but one of the best I've used.
The cable practically does not change the sound setting of the stock cable, but significantly improves the sound quality. Greatly improves control, which is very critical for the Xe6. The dynamic range and articulation are noticeably improved.

Qualitatively, the bass is transmitted better. It finally gets some density and is not so flabby.
In addition, the separation at high frequencies is improved. More detailed and realistic midrange. The sound is more collected and dense.
The soundstage retains its depth, but becomes slightly wider, improving the positioning of the instruments.

These are all noticeable changes that cannot be ignored. However, remember that no cable can change the sound of the IEMs, but only slightly improve or tuned it.
Thanks for the informative reply.
Ofcourse, I did not mean change of sound, but improvment of sound qaulity (i.e. tuning).

The cost of this cable is too high. Still looking for something cheaper with similar contribution.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back