Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,106 of 6,218
Something funny happened to me :)

So I was ordering things for a larger video, and I had both VxV and NE4 next to each other. Then I noticed the case of VxV having a place where it is missing something. I thought that it was the case of NE4 and that I lost the tiny filter mechanism, and spent over 1 hour searching for them, until I decided to check this very thread to see what was supposed to be in that location, and I fogiured that the case of NE4 has that white sewing around the lid, compared to the case of VxV which is all black.

Sep 17, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #3,107 of 6,218
Hi All, just wanted to let everyone know that’s attending CanJam SoCal that Andrew at the MusicTeck booth will be displaying the entire Fir Audio Frontier series lineup. Stop by and take a listen if you get the chance. I wish I could have made it but other travel plans got in the way.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Sep 19, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #3,108 of 6,218
This IEM continues to amaze me each day.

Screenshot_20220919-024404_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #3,109 of 6,218
Sep 19, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #3,110 of 6,218
I’m currently back to Scorpion cable, with Spiral Dots++

So far so good.

19A4BA20-0C7C-4935-8909-FA4C66D3B7BA.jpeg

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #3,111 of 6,218
Just received a set of the frontier trio as part of the Australian FIR Audio tour, kindly organised by minidisc.com.au and @Damz87.

Coming from the Sony IER-Z1R, FIR Audio has truly produced something special with their kinetic bass DD, it's the first time I've felt real low end slam and impact into my ears from an IEM.

Fit and finish is stellar as expected.

Tour Kit - Xenon 6 - 001.jpg
Tour Kit - Xenon 6 - 002.jpg

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #3,112 of 6,218
Just received a set of the frontier trio as part of the Australian FIR Audio tour, kindly organised by minidisc.com.au and @Damz87.

Coming from the Sony IER-Z1R, FIR Audio has truly produced something special with their kinetic bass DD, it's the first time I've felt real low end slam and impact into my ears from an IEM.

Fit and finish is stellar as expected.

Tour Kit - Xenon 6 - 001.jpgTour Kit - Xenon 6 - 002.jpg

Beautiful photos!

Sep 25, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #3,114 of 6,218
Been spending a lot of time the last few days getting to know the Xenon with anticipation of my CIEMs arriving early next week.

Man, these might be some of the most “punchy” IEMs I have heard. The A12t is my current benchmark for that and these, I think, manage to one-up those.

The stereo separation of these is also nothing short of incredible. It almost feels as if I’m listening to two different recordings of the same track that are intended for L and R channels. It’s seriously impressive. The imaging is fantastic and the stage almost sounds borderless without feeling like there’s any constraints. Not to be confused with the sound being TOO out of head or too laid back, it’s quite forward in it’s presentation. Sometimes I feel like I don’t even have IEMs in my ears with the way the music is presented. I’ll go to push the universals to adjust to fit and it’s almost surprising to feel something in my canals.

I jumped the gun really early going into CIEM on these and I just trusted my gut, I’m glad with more listening time that I feel like I made the correct decision. :)

Yeah, I listened to the Krypton at CanJam and walked away mightily impressed, certainly a wish list iem for me!

Sep 25, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #3,115 of 6,218
IMG_2029.jpg
finally arrived!
I think the default ATOM is a little bit bassy, let's see how XE6 grows after changing ATOM and cable later~~~
looks SICK man!

enjoy.

Sep 25, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #3,116 of 6,218
I’m currently back to Scorpion cable, with Spiral Dots++

So far so good.

Just switched to Spinfit W1 and... didn't expected Xe6 can sound as good with Scorpion.
More lows, and they are more detailed - I can clearly hear the bass guitar riffs (they downtune to F and lower) on something as extreme as Meshuggah last album.
Huge difference over Dots, Final E and other tips I tried before.

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #3,117 of 6,218
I just tried PW audio first times cable on my XE6 this weekend, that's a very nice copper cable for boosting the characteristics of the ciem, mid vocal is more forward & full of emotion, the bass is more than punchy & slamming, its more like 'open-back' rightnow!

& the other one, PW audio 1960s, it always make tribrid iem sound better, but not a big surprise comparing to first times~

Sep 27, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #3,120 of 6,218
Thanks.
My stationary seup is: iFi zen stream, hugo2 and iFi iCAN pro. No concern there. My HP is the Focal Stellia.
I use the M15, while being away from my system.

The cost of the Xe6, is much too much for me. So, I think I may go with either the Kr5 or the Ne4. What is your impression of these two? Do they stand to the Xe6 capabilities?
Currently use the Fiio Fh9. Looking for a step function in audio performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back