Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Sep 11, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #3,091 of 6,223
Could some kind Fir iem owner, preferably from EU, sell or trade me the stock double flange tips?
I have lots of different tips i could trade, PM me and i'll make a list

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #3,093 of 6,223
Hadn’t realised how much of a difference the venting makes until I switched back to a different IEM today.

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #3,094 of 6,223
Got the replacement XE6 a while back. Now I can relate more to what the others were saying about the XE6, I can agree to those impressions as well.

A quick listen between that and KR5, so far I still prefer the KR5 a smidgen more.
Glad FiR was able to get that sorted for you.

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #3,097 of 6,223
Any of the frontier series sound close to the u12t?

Ehhh not really , the NE4 has a similar smooth treble response followed by an upper treble spike but even then it’s very different. It’s mid bassy and has a bump in the mids to push female vocals forward, the upper mids in general are more energetic and not as organic/out of head sounding as the A12t.

The Kr5 is very recessed in the upper mids and low treble, you could make the argument it has some similarities to the 12t but even then it’s far too different.

Sep 14, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #3,098 of 6,223
I was very quick to judge the XE6 within an hour of listening. After listening to it a lot more yesterday, im completely in love with the thick, warm yet detailed sound. This is the kind of sound I was looking for when I first heard the Thummim OG 2 years back, yet this is more detailed and the kinectic bass hits you in a different way!

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #3,099 of 6,223
I was very quick to judge the XE6 within an hour of listening. After listening to it a lot more yesterday, im completely in love with the thick, warm yet detailed sound. This is the kind of sound I was looking for when I first heard the Thummim OG 2 years back, yet this is more detailed and the kinectic bass hits you in a different way!
What genres do you listen to?

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,101 of 6,223
:sunglasses:

it's so good, man.

enjoy!

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #3,103 of 6,223
Andrew more so, he's an amazing person to deal with!
indeed...one of the best i've dealt with in the business.

i've met him in person numerous times - an all-around great guy.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #3,104 of 6,223
The change of Atom Modules should also make a difference in the general part of the signature, and Xe6 should also go well with a Silver cable......
I do use doctorjuggles' 8 wire pure silver cable. Love the pairing. Atom modules I have changed to the gold one I think, but I haven't A/B'd them and neither I have the will to remove those tiny screws anymore. I like what I hear and nothing gets changed now!

Sep 14, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #3,105 of 6,223
From what I’ve been told the campfire audio dorado 2020 is similar to xe6
Dorado with Forza Noir Hybrid cable is awesome - hard to beat for the price.
Xe6 is a great upgrade, very similar signature but everything better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back